How to Get Traffic and Sales After Using Social Networking

antongreen30
Hi there i am launching my new ecommerce in the next month and i am interested in building my email list. I am wondering if anyone off the salehoo team can advise me, can i buy leads off anyone in the forum ?. Does anyone at et salehoo know of any reliable sources for purchasing soloads ? Your advice and help will be much appreciasted. Thank you.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Anton,

Good luck with the upcomming venture. I'm not aware of anyone on the forum that you can purchase off, to be honest I'm not really sure where best to even point you at this point.

Can anyone assist with some ideas for Anton?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
malva
Hi

I don't speak English. I use Google translator.

I have an online store, which I'm not having traffic and sales. I'm using all social networks .. someone could help as I can get traffic to my website. I need guidance..

Website Link hidden: Login to view

Site Admin
Rhea_SaleHoo
Hi Mayra,

I would suggest Link hidden: Login to view as an option. It helps keep track on your keyword rankings on Google.

Here are some other ways to drive traffic to your store:

o Submit your product listings to Google product search (fast and free way to get more traffic) Link hidden: Login to view
o Set up a blog on your site and create some unique and interesting content. This is also an important part of search engine optimization.
o Leverage traffic from eBay, Amazon or other auction sites. Set up an account with the username the same as your business name and list a few items at attractive prices. Put your website URL in your email signature tags and insert into template eBay emails. Set up an About Me page with photos of your business, yourself and of course, your URL.
o Use Google Adwords - although this can end up being expensive if you don't do it properly. We recommend the free training site Link hidden: Login to view to learn more.
o Set up an email newsletter on your website. Keeping in touch with existing customers encourages repeat sales.
o Set up an affiliate program.

Hope this helps.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Mayra,

Are you using platform like eBay for marketing or just social networks?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

malva
Hi

Use all the social networks .. In ebay published products and not get traffic .. As I can have better sales on ebay.

Gracias

Mayra Alvarez

Site Admin
fudjj
So if I understand correctly, you are getting eBay sales, but not getting traffic to your own website?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

malva
Hi

I do not get both on eBay and my website..

Thanks

MA.

Site Admin
fudjj
OK,

Then that sounds like the problems are relating to the products themselves, can you send a link to one of your eBay listings so I can take a look please

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

malva
Hi

Thanks

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Mayra,

There are a few things that stick out.

Price wise, you seem to be at the very high end of the market, in fact I found the same item listed for $28, then multiple sellers in the 30-40 range.Another thing that stuck out was the local pick up option, I notice that everyone else was offering international shipping as an option, you were the only one offering local pick up.

This appears to be a dropshipped item, are you even sure local pickup is available?

Your listing layout isn't bad, but it does lack when compared to some of your competitors listings. Not sure if you have done much research on them, but I would suggest taking a close look at other layouts and comparing.

The other obvious one is the low feedback, when you combine all of the above with the low feedback, they tend to compound. Essentially a lot of little negatives all feeding into one big negative for buyers. When I look at your listing compared to others, I'm not asking myself why I wouldn't I shop with you, I'm asking why would I?

You have to be giving shoppers a reason to buy from you and all those little negatives I have highlighted are drawing away from that currently.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

malva
Hi

Is there any tutorial and how to September ebay or edit your listing. I really do not know how active the Local pick up method

I do not understand much. Could you explain a little of the following:

Is the low feedback
Essentially a lot of little negatives all feeding into one big negative for buyers.

Thanks

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Mayra,

This is the basic instructions of listing Link hidden: Login to view ... -item.html, this may assist you.

You may also find these helpful

Regarding my comment about a lot of negatives equaling one big negative. It's important to compete with your competition across the board, so I suggest always looking at your competition. Once you know what they are doing and how they are doing it, then you can try to match them at the very least, maybe even find ways to beat them.

Of course there isn't much you can do regarding your feedback, that takes time to build up, but that's just another reason why you have to match your competition and be better than them where at all possible.

I would seriously consider selling a few things at cost, try to be the cheapest in the hope that you can generate the sales that will see your feedback grow. Then you can benefit from that later down the road.

If you have your own website, you should also be marketing that to all your buyers as well. Get them used to buying from your own store, not through eBay.

I notice that you have removed that listing now, but check your other listings to make sure you have your shipping set. You don't want to be offering free pickup fro dropshipped items, unless the supplier is OK with it.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.