Is registering an ecommerce in Canada necessary?

Free Member
konieczekdennis
I'm a college drop out on a budget with a dream to create my first ever web store.
I'm wondering if registering a business is even necessary to drop ship.
I see that some drop shippers require a tax id# but is their an equivalent to us Canadians?
Also, is it necessary to have a business bank/credit card account to receive income and drop ship, or can I just use my personal one?
I plan on being the only one operating my web store using Shopify.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Dennis,

While it is a legal requirement for taxation purposes that any business be registered, it would be fair to say that plenty never register to dropship. Where as a tax id is usually required to buy wholesale, it's very rarely required to deal with a dropshipper. Most dropshippers require no form of tax id at all.

Using your own PayPal account is fine, nothing special needed. Just bare in mind that PayPal may well put a hold on funds for a new account or one that is all of a sudden having an influx of funds that triggers a red flag.

Good luck with it.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.