Looking for some help with drop shipping

erichebert8
I am fairly new at drop shipping but am convinced that I can be successful at it. Is there anyone out there in the central Maine area that I may contact to get some advice. Thank you.

Site Admin
fudjj
No idea about the Central Maine area, but I'm happy to help if I can :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
erichebert8
My first question is I have learned that when have a retail certificate (as I do) you should call a perspective supplier to create an account. What is the advantage of doing that as apposed to setting up an account from there website?

Site Admin
fudjj
I think you might mean a Reseller's Certificate. Some suppliers may require you have that certificate to have an account, some won't. So it's not really important if you call them or sign up online, it's just if the supplier actually requires one for you to open an account or not.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

erichebert8
How do I know if I am getting wholesale prices if I set up an account online. By the way, thank you for your time.

Site Admin
fudjj
If we're talking wholesale, you should always speak to the supplier before opening any account. Wholesale prices are based on volume purchases, so you need to speak to the supplier about your requirements and then what their requirements are to see if they are a good match for you in regards to quantities and prices based on those quantities.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

erichebert8
So drop shippers generally don't get better prices than the general public?

Site Admin
fudjj
Well wholesale gives you better prices because you are buying in volume. The more you buy, the better per unit price you get (up until a point of course) So when you are buying in bulk like that, the wholesaler can then get a better price form the manufacturer because they are selling more product and then the cheaper prices start to flow through the entire chain.

With dropshipping, you are buying just one product, so the opportunity to get volume discounts isn't there.

Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages, it's more a choice what best suits you.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.