Finding quality suppliers just got a whole lot easier.
In case you hadn't noticed, we've given the SaleHoo directory an overhaul, freshening things up for 2007.
Here are some of the things we've been working on:
1. Developing a new format that's easier to understand and easier to navigate.
2. Sorting suppliers into four categories: Dropshippers, wholesalers, closeout/liquidators, manufacturers. You can now search for products by supplier type, making it much easier for you to find what you need.
3. Updated supplier information: All supplier profiles now contain contact details (contact name, email and phone number), shipping methods employed, minimum order quantities, and whether a reseller license is required for purchases.
4. New 3-way review system. All suppliers will (eventually) be reviewed directly by SaleHoo, by two additional independent reviewers, AND by SaleHoo members. SaleHoo reviews are based on our own experience purchasing anonymously from these suppliers. (This is an ongoing process, and it may take some time before the whole directory is covered. If there is a supplier you particularly wish us to review, please let us know and we'll give it a higher priority.) Our independent reviewers include experienced eBay powersellers and wholesale sourcing experts. SaleHoo members are also invited to comment on their experiences with suppliers by submitting a review at the bottom of each supplier.
5. A new mediation service. Members can register a complaint against a particular supplier, and SaleHoo will investigate allegations against the supplier. We will flag any suppliers we consider to be disreputable based on these investigations. We're also in a position to mediate between the SaleHoo member and the supplier in order to reach a mutually satisfactory solution.
We'll be adding even more features in the new year. In the meantime we welcome your comments on these new additions/re-jigs, and suggestions for other improvements are always welcome.
PS: There may be a few little bugs so please bare with us over the next few days while we sort them all out.