Operating offshore from an international location

terrencejames111
Hi, to all experienced (and now fellow) SaleHoo traders out there,

Not only am I new to SaleHoo but totally new to the online eCommerce business and have a question to which which I would greatly appreciate a helpful and realistic answer.
Briefly by way of background, I am British by birth, spent 50 years running my own business successfully in Australia. I sold up 7 years ago and retired to live a life of leisure in the Philippines. Its great living here but doing nothing/being inactive for so long is not me and I'm somewhat bored, plus that 'itch' has returned. Consequently, having spent a bit of time looking at various opportunities I am attracted by the flexible advantages of SaleHoo (and eCommerce) and this week joined/signed up as a full member.

My question/s is/are: From a marketing credibility perspective, am I disadvantaged by operating my store from the Philippines? What perception would a potential customer/buyer have upon viewing my location? If my location would cause a negative perception how can I best address this problem?

Look forward to all helpful replies with keen interest.

Best regards

Terrence James

My email address is Link hidden: Login to view

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Terrence, welcome aboard the good ship SaleHoo

Your question in regards to location mostly depends on how and where you will be trading, but I can't think of any situation where it would be a negative to be honest.

If you are looking at drop shipping into Phil and/or just international markets such as Australia, then no issues at all as the item's location should always reflect the actually location of the item. So that will be where ever your supplier is located.

If you are buying in wholesale and shipping from Phil to local and/or just international buyers, then again, I see no issues at all. In fact I think with some smart exotic, tropical Phil style branding, you have the opportunity to have to some real fun and create something that captures attention.

So I'm not seeing any negs here at all, a little thought and you can use your location to full advantage from a marketing aspect.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
terrencejames111
Hi Marc,

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful response, your a champion.

My approach is to focus on; (1) drop shipping in US with US products (2) drop shipping in Australia with Australian products, and (3) ship a variety of very marketable quality products from the Phils to these countries (or worldwide).

My initial queries related to (1) and (2) above so its extremely encouraging to read your comments regarding smart exotic, tropical Phil Style Branding as I have set up my SaleHoo Store website under "Mango Square" for this very purpose.

I want to keep it simple. No sense in reinventing the wheel so I need to learn from the experience of others therefore was very pleased to find out about the SaleHoo Community forum.

Again thank you for your comments which are always welcome

Best regards

Terrence

Site Admin
fudjj
Cheers Terrance, let us know how it's all unfolding mate

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.