Home /

Questions on sales tax ID in Europe

Full Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Dec 14
20 Dec 14 02:04:59 am

I've been looking through the forums trying to get an answer to these questions but the information is mostly aimed towards the States. I am located in Sweden looking to dropship in whatever country I can find a profitable product, on sites such as ebay etc.

It's regarding Sales Tax ID.

1) How do I go about getting a Sales tax ID, and is it free to get one?
2) Do I need a different one for each country I import/ sell from/ to?
3) Is it also necessary for me to register as a company? And if so, is it enough if I do it in Sweden?

Basically, what I want to know is, is it enough for me to once register for a Sales Tax ID in Sweden, and can I then import/ sell wherever I wish?


Site Admin
Posts: 442
Joined: 10 Jun 14
24 Dec 14 02:13:00 am
Hello Jonas,

Here are a few answers to your questions:

If you live in the USA or Canada. Most states have a sales tax, but there are a couple that don't. If you reside in one of these states just let the wholesaler know and they may have a different form or requirement for you to complete.

If you sell online to make money (i.e. You sell more seriously than just getting rid of a few old things from around the house every now and then). You need a seller's permit so you can charge and collect taxes, which you'll pay to your state government later.

If you want to purchase goods wholesale from a US supplier (and you are also based in the US), you need a seller's permit to buy wholesale sales tax free.

Usually you just need to provide something equivalent in your country, for example your VAT registration in the EU or the UK, or your ABN or GST registration in Australia and New Zealand.

Hope this clarifies.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.