Wholesale & eBay Forum General Selling Advice & Tips SaleHoo suppliers are legit. Supplier requirements may vary

SaleHoo suppliers are legit. Supplier requirements may vary

chrispiper76
So I was looking through some SaleHoo suppliers and I find myworldphone.com. OK, SaleHoo says they're legitimate. Cool, I'll go with that. I look at their website and see they sell the iPhone 6S. I look at the price and almost fell out of my chair laughing.

So they want to sell me a 128GB iPhone 6S for $1,299 when I could buy the same exact unlocked phone from Apple for $649? Hmm...Should I buy the one from Apple at full retail price and make no money on it, or should I pay double and lose $650? Tough call, but I'm going to say neither is my best bet.

The point of buying from wholesalers is to buy low and sell high, not buy high and sell low. You have to have a pretty good margin to make a decent profit on something especially if you're selling on eBay or Amazon where they gauge you for 15% of your selling price. Just because a supplier is legitimate, doesn't mean they are a good supplier.

Do your homework people. SaleHoo provides a source of verified suppliers, but you still have work to do in finding out each supplier's minimum order requirements, if they drop ship, how much they charge to drop ship, shipping costs, product costs, etc.

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi Chris,

You highlight some very important facts, ones that we constantly highlight ourselves. SaleHoo can only very safe trading partners, suppliers that we have been able to fully verify, at the time of the approval process being undertaken, that they are legitimate and safe trading suppliers.

We can't rate suppliers on things like customer service, prices and so on because there are too many variables. For example, just because we get good customer service during a review process doesn't automatically mean that everyone will and things like prices can go up and down, so we can't make any judgments like that.

There as good basic business principals that members need to follow through with when dealing with any suppliers to ensure they are dealing with a supplier that fits their requirements.

There are a few things just to highlight from you post. You mention about wholesale, but you should never mistake a listed price on a supplier's website as their wholesale price. If they sell retail also, then you will be viewing their retail price, not their wholesale price. Wholesale prices are based on volume purchases, so a supplier is never going to be able to give you a wholesale price unless they know what your purchasing volume is going to be, so you need to engage with them.

Don't expect huge wholesale discounts on hot welling items like phones, they don't exist. The typical wholesale margin is quite thin on these types of electronics due to the high rate of turn over. The market typically works like this, the faster the product sells i the market place, the less margin it carries, the slower, the higher the margin.

My last point would be to not confuse drop-ship prices with wholesale prices. A drop-shipper will never be able to offer you wholesale prices because you aren't buying in volume, you're buying an item at a time, so the price will always be much higher that the wholesale price.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

reinanbit
el pagado por encuentra proveedores distintos de los demás y no encuentro proveedores para reloj que tenga mejores precios que aliexpress! no siento que echo un buen negocio con salehoo, necesitamos mas proveedores con precios bajos por favor.

fudjj
Site Admin
reinanbit wrote:el pagado por encuentra proveedores distintos de los demás y no encuentro proveedores para reloj que tenga mejores precios que aliexpress! no siento que echo un buen negocio con salehoo, necesitamos mas proveedores con precios bajos por favor.

As I mentioned above, price is something we simply can't use for verification processing. Prices can change at any time, so even if we found the cheapest supplier on a particular product, they could put the price up the very next day. Product prices are something that really needs to be negotiated between the seller and the supplier to ensure you are getting the best price possible from a particular supplier at any given time.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how