Wholesale & eBay Forum General Selling Advice & Tips Selling brand name products - do you need a license to sell?

Selling brand name products - do you need a license to sell?

johnsonong
Free Member
Hi guys

Am curious about this question..

I understand that I will probably need reseller license to sell branded products like Apple, Gucci and etc..

And I know some of the dropshippers or wholesalers that I found here sells those branded stuff I mentioned above, but the thing is do I still need to apply for a reseller license from the respective brands if I get the stocks through those dropshippers and wholesalers?

Regards
Johnson

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hi Johnson,

Another member asked this question some time ago, but I cannot seem to find that particular thread.

Anyway, to answer your question - No you don't need to get your own license to resell the brand name products you mentioned. BUT you have to be sure that your supplier is a licensed distributor of that particular brand and that they are truly authentic in every way :)

Hope this helps, cheers :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

fudjj
Site Admin
Richelle's point is very well made, although you do not need a licence to sell authentic licensed products from a licensed supplier, the duty of care to ensure you are selling branded products is on you completely.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

irene_salehoo
Site Admin
Just want to share the thread that Richelle was referring to - Link hidden: Login to view

:)

Irene

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how