Supplier Requiring a Brick and Mortar Store

riley_141
If a specific company states on their webpage that they require a dealer of their products to have and maintain a brick and mortar retail location, yet their products are being sold heavily on an Ebay store that is only online... How are they getting that product?

Site Admin
fudjj
Assuming this supplier is the only source for the product, then there are a few things that might be in play here.

1. The online seller/s also has a bricks and mortar store as well, that is how they are sourcing the stock.
2. Non-genuine items being sold.
3. Sourced through surplus sales

If you find a product such as this, I would bring the online listing to the attention of the supplier and ask for clarification of their online sales policy.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
riley_141
Thank you for the response. After doing a little more digging, it appears that they also deal with a network of wholesalers. So I'm guessing online only companies are able to work around the brick and mortar requirement they have by finding their wholesalers?

Site Admin
fudjj
That's actually a very unusual situation, so I assume we're talking about a manufacturer in this case?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

riley_141
Yes, it's a manufacturer.

Site Admin
fudjj
OK, well that should be straight forward. Just ask them for a list of their wholesalers and deal direcly with one of them. That said, being wholesale you will have MOQ purchasing requirements.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

riley_141
But there's a chance one of their wholesalers also allow drop shipping? I've only just begun delving into all of this. Been at it for about 5 days! Trying to wrap my head around it.

Site Admin
fudjj
It's possible, that's something you would need to ask each individual supplier.

I am thinking it's doubtful however, just working on the fact that the manufacturer has told you that they do not distribute their products online. Of course it really depends what they meant by that. Did they mean no online disribution at all or did they just mean that they didn't supply to online entities themselves.

I would suggest clarifying that with the manufacturer themselves, that would be the quickest and easiest way to find out.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.