what price to put on items.

kellann
Hi all, I joined two nights ago, and Im a bit worried, How do I know what price to put on something that I have brought, Does the company that you buy products from tell you the mark up price, or what. Im not in any hurry to buy anything yet because I dont really know what im doing, so just looking throught the community notice board for tips first, thanks.

aussiebares
have a look at the retail price, and from that you should be able to get a idea of what price to put on your items.
cheers
darryl

kellann
Hi Darrel thanks I better look into it more.

aussiebares
hi kellan
just remember when you put an item up for sale, you have to make it attractive for the buyer, but you also have to make a profit as well. So do your research into what you want to purchase and price it accordingly to sell and make a profit.
Hope this helps good luck
cheers
darryl

gulfy13
Aussiebares is right, definately do your research. If you are selling on ebay, a good way to check is to do a 'completed listings' check of the product that you are thinking about selling...This will let you know at a glance what that particular product is selling for and you will already know what you can buy the item for... Next all you have to do is determine if it's selling at a higher price than what you can buy it for...Don't for get to figure in your costs such as final value fees, packaging materials and such and then most importantly some profit for your self....

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Dont forget to add as much information on a product. If you have your own personal review on the item it will work in your favor to add that to your description. You have to up sell your product.

I see many items listed for less then a product I have. They have a plain description. Mine has detailed info and a personal review of the item. When its all said and done mine generally sells for much higher.

One thing that helps is video reviews of the item. Or a you tube video advertisement of the item as well.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
timg311918
I agree, and disagree with what Jimmy said in the previous post. It really depends what you are selling. Some items I have sold at a much higher price than others on Ebay by keeping my info on the item very plain and simple (easier to understand and read). Sometimes it seems that the more info, pictures and specs people add, the more clouded the information can become.
Also lets face it...the U.S isn't a 3rd world country by any means but the education level overall is much lower than most subscribers to this site and many ebayer's are poorly educated or do not speak english at even an average level (some I have found are near the point of being incoherent even within the U.S). Not only do simpler adds reach the less educated but they also present a clear and easy to read message for even the most educated who are sifting through tens or hundreds of ebay auctions trying to find what they need.

aussiebares
hi timg311918
good point, use the K.I.S.S method KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
That's take each first letter from each word and put it together and it spells kiss.
cheers
darryl

(quote ) a man with a breifcase, can steal more money than a man with a gun.

kellann
all good thanks, still worried about starting up, worried about scamers, not sure what way to go....

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Hi all, I joined two nights ago, and Im a bit worried, How do I know what price to put on something that I have brought, Does the company that you buy products from tell you the mark up price, or what. Im not in any hurry to buy anything yet because I dont really know what im doing, so just looking throught the community notice board for tips first, thanks.

Google is your friend . Use it well :D

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.