What to expect from dropshippers and wholesalers?

maris131
I'm new to the business, so I have some questions.
What should i expect from a dropshipping/wholesaling company :?:
Is there any criteria :?:
Should I look for companies with higher rating :?:
Is there anything to avoid from :?:

berk-llc
I would recommend on starting with deciding what you want to sell and where you want to sell the products. ie. eBay, your own website, amazon, ubid, etc. Once you have decided what to sell, then start looking for your supplier and ask around on the salehoo forums. Chances are someone here has tried the dropshipper or wholesaler on salehoo. If you only hear good things give it a shot. It will take some trial and error to start making some good money. I would recommend that if you can, use paypal to purchase the products. Make sure to stay away from anyone asking for payment through a wire transfer such as Western Union, or MoneyGram. They are usaully scammers. Good Luck. You may want to think about looking at products on Link hidden: Login to view

maris131
Lets say i have chosen to sell electronics on ebay in america. I found these dropshippers:
Link hidden: Login to view
Are these good enough?

michaelanthony1302
maris131 wrote:I'm new to the business, so I have some questions.
What should i expect from a dropshipping/wholesaling company :?:
Is there any criteria :?:
Should I look for companies with higher rating :?:
Is there anything to avoid from :?:

The problem with dropshipping is that you have no control over what is being sent to a customer in your name . I started dropshipping frm china and was selling on Ebay. In one week I had complaints from 4 buyers that products were faulty , It has been the biggest mistake that I have ever made and has cost me hundreds in refunds. They claimed to have a warranty on all their products but it is very difficult to get any money back from them. Be warned

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum

It's always good to hear experience speaking and the point you make is very valid, you aren't in total control and you really have to focus on how you can limit your liability. I would never suggest it's 100% fail method, but ordering at least one of each product for yourself first will give you the ability to check it out for yourself before going to market.

Never tell the supplier what you are doing, as far as they know it's just a regular order. That way you can be sure that what you get is their reqular quality. It also gives you chance to test out their shipping and customer support up front as well, so it's always a good idea to test run any product and supplier before you open yourself up to problems that you don't even see coming.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Directory Approved Supplier
enrouteglobal
Hi There,

I agree with Michael... You must know what your Customers will be receiving. Use a neighbor or a family members address to test an order from each supplier that you are working with. All suppliers aren't made equally, so you must be serious about your business and perform your full due diligence on the supplier policies and procedures, so that your internal operational manual (standard operating procedures) aligns with each of your suppliers.

We've all heard the saying "you have to kiss 100 frogs, to find that one...". Just because you may just be starting out, you must find a supplier that conducts business in a manner that you are comfortable with. If not, keep moving down the line until you find the right fit.

Regardless of what you read, don't have a "Get Rich attitude"... Serious business owners appreciate steady, incremental growth. We speak with a couple hundred prospective Resellers a month; many of those, jump from one "Get Rich" thing to the next. Product business takes time to mature... Take time to know all facets of this industry and keep an open mind to all possible outlets/channels.

All the Best,

Marc and the EnRoute Global Family

DID YOU KNOW... EnRoute now has a food services division... Link hidden: Login to view.

Email: Salehoo@EnRouteGlobal.com
Guaranted USD$50,000 in Business Credit - Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.