How to detect counterfeits from China

bbowles
im sure this is a common thing with the lack of regulations in china, but i was recently bitten by a chinese supplier who was selling bogus products. word to the wise, if it seems too cheap, it is. make sure that the authentic product is actually made in china. as in my situation, sure earphones are made in mexico, not china. the earphones i ordered seemed a bit cheap, but i went for it anyhow, i just kept it to a small order. upon receipt, i listed them on eBay, and as soon as i did i received an email from a guy who sent me to a tutorial on how to spot fake sure earphones, and as you may have deduced... they were bogus.

keep your eyes out.

lgosyne
I had the same thing happen with me and Gillette razors. They were not genuine and they also didn't send the ten boxes that they promised. So its not only the big ticket items. Although I'm sure there are many legit companies in China, I have to admit... once bitten twice shy.

Lakshmi
Link hidden: Login to view

Free Member
deathstar27
Assume everything from china is fake and ask questions until they can justify that it is authentic. Sort of like the inverse of 'innocent until proven guilty.' Fake till proven Real.

satya
It's hard to establish the authenticity of brand-name products offered by some Chinese suppliers. That's why we suggest that you contact the supplier directly and inquire about the product you wish to purchase first. Request that they provide you with a proof of authenticity for their products before you close the deal, as most brand name items come with official paperwork for the resale of these items.

Satya
Customer Support
SaleHoo Group Limited
Skyrocket your way to success with your own Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.