Home /

How to get a US tax ID from another country

Full Member
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jan 13
13 Feb 13 04:09:41 pm
Hi! I am from Spain and I want to set up my online store in the USA. Could you tell me where do I have to address about taxes policy? Could you tell me where can I get my reseller licence?

Thank you!!! :)

Site Admin
Posts: 5229
Joined: 20 Oct 08
14 Feb 13 12:30:00 am
Hello pjaviermira,

Seeing that you are based in Spain although you will be selling in the US (via dropshipping I presume) does not qualify you to get a US resellers ID or Tax ID.

You will need a resellers ID if...

You live in the USA or Canada. Most states have a sales tax, but there are a couple that don't. If you reside in one of these states just let the wholesaler know and they may have a different form or requirement for you to complete.

You sell online to make money (i.e. You sell more seriously than just getting rid of a few old things from around the house every now and then). You need a seller's permit so you can charge and collect taxes, which you'll pay to your state government later.

You want to purchase goods wholesale from a US supplier (and you are also based in the US), you need a seller's permit to buy wholesale sales tax free.

You may want to get a VAT ID instead as this is the equivalent in Spain.

Hope this helps!


Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.