Wholesale & eBay Forum Importing & Customs How to get a US tax ID from another country

How to get a US tax ID from another country

pjaviermira
Hi! I am from Spain and I want to set up my online store in the USA. Could you tell me where do I have to address about taxes policy? Could you tell me where can I get my reseller licence?

Thank you!!! :)

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hello pjaviermira,

Seeing that you are based in Spain although you will be selling in the US (via dropshipping I presume) does not qualify you to get a US resellers ID or Tax ID.

You will need a resellers ID if...

You live in the USA or Canada. Most states have a sales tax, but there are a couple that don't. If you reside in one of these states just let the wholesaler know and they may have a different form or requirement for you to complete.

You sell online to make money (i.e. You sell more seriously than just getting rid of a few old things from around the house every now and then). You need a seller's permit so you can charge and collect taxes, which you'll pay to your state government later.

You want to purchase goods wholesale from a US supplier (and you are also based in the US), you need a seller's permit to buy wholesale sales tax free.

You may want to get a VAT ID instead as this is the equivalent in Spain.

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how