Importing into Canada from the U.S.

surplusseller
Hello Everyone, I'm a new Canadian member to the forums and have a question about documentation when importing from the U.S.

I am in the process of setting up an account with a customs broker and I'm interested in purchasing some Genco (customer return) furniture truckloads out of Ohio. One issue I can see as a possible problem is the requirement of listing the country of origin for the products I want to import.

Basically CBSA requires that each and every item have the country of manufacture noted. My customs broker tells me this is necessary but my rep at Genco tells me they do not supply this information. All they will provide is a manifest and invoice which does not contain this info. I do know loads of this type are imported so was wondering how this is done.

Does everyone just put down 'made in China' as undoubtedly much, if not all, of it is?

Site Admin
fudjj
Your customs broker should be creative enough to get around that one, I'm sure they would have come across the problem before, and you are paying him for this type of advice, not just assistance in filing the paperwork.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
surplusseller
Your customs broker should be creative enough to get around that one, I'm sure they would have come across the problem before, and you are paying him for this type of advice, not just assistance in filing the paperwork.

I will be talking with my assigned rep this week. I'll see what he suggests. Thanks for the advice fudjj.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.