Importing stock lots branded kids clothing from Indonesia

Free Member
josmeg2704
I am a new member. Can anyone help me with importing branded children clothing from Asian countries such as Indonesia. These items are definitely authentic - my sister in law knows where exactly to source them from. They are leftover stocks from original orders (mostly from America). The tags has been crossed out.

I am planning to sell them online here in Australia.

Where do I stand legally? If it's not legal...how do we get around it?

If my first shipment is below $1000.00 in value.

Please help :?

grace-salehoo
If you can prove they are authentic, you should be okay. Potential problems would be related to trademarking laws. I strongly recommend reading the relevant information on the Australian Customs site Link hidden: Login to view. It would also be worthwhile ringing Customs (1300 363 263)or talking to a Customs broker.

Grace

Free Member
josmeg2704
Thanks Grace. I've visited customs website previously and bombarded with lots of questions. Do you know how would I go about proving that those items are authentic?

grace-salehoo
Hi again,

I've asked around and it is 95% likely that those brands are fake if they are being made in Indonesia. What you can do is ask for them for certificates of authenticity, but you have to be careful because some companies are faking these too now! I suggest that when you get the documents you scan them and send me a private message with the scan and we can take a look and tell you whether they are authentic.

If you decide to go ahead with the order (authentic or not), then you will be more likely to get through Customs if you ask the company to send them in 2-3 small lots. Hope that helps. Good luck :)

Grace

Free Member
josmeg2704
Hi again Grace,

Any suppliers that I find on SaleHoo definitely selling authentic product?

Free Member
josmeg2704
Sorry Grace,

One more question, this question might sound very ignorant (sorry!). I've paid USD49.95 for the membership :-)...where do I start looking for a product that I can import to Australia and a popular one to sell? I'm a bit weary with Electronics stuff...as the after sale services might be a problem. What do you suggest...stuff from Indonesia that I can sell here easily?

Cheers
Lusi

grace-salehoo
Hi again :)

The best idea is to have a flip through magazines, newspapers etc and keep your eye open for trends and potential niche markets that you can capitalize on. You can buy things like fashion jewelry, craft materials, toys and so forth very cheaply from Asia and resell it for a tidy profit. For example, recent trends have been for scrapbooking, knitting etc. Then there are some great home decor items - take a look in stores like Freedom etc and then try and find a supplier in Asia who sells something similar for cheaper. That's just an example, you could do the same thing in lots of other areas.
Whatever ideas you have, I suggest using the research and analysis tool to find out the demand on eBay sites and general internet searches. It's a great way to get a feel for whether your idea is worth pursuing.

Grace

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.