That is quite true, there are products that seem to be the same or cheaper on eBay than from wholesale suppliers. Why is this? Well, its like this: eBay has become an extremely competitive marketplace and a lot of wholesalers sell on eBay directly to the public! Unfair yes, but its the reality.
With regards to your concerns on importing to the UK, here's a SaleHoo blog that may help you out:Link hidden: Login to view
Electronics is not really the easiest product to sell. Why? Since there are so many other sellers who are selling it and most electronics sell at the wholesale price or below wholesale on eBay. That's how intense the competition is. But if you do wish to stick with the electronics industry, then here is what we suggest:
* Use liquidation suppliers to get bulk lots at prices well below wholesale.
* OR: Purchase from wholesalers in very large quantities (and when we say very large, we mean a spend of $200,000 or more) - this is how the big eBay powersellers do it.
* Increase your feedback and get powerseller status BEFORE entering the electronics market. This will give you more visibility in the search.
* Sell via your own website or your eBay store if possible, as buyers generally pay more from these venues than eBay.
* Add third-party extras and up-sells to your orders. These will help you bump up your margins to a much more acceptable level.
* Better still - consider selling accessories for electronics rather than electronics themselves. Accessories are very popular, have less competition, cost less to ship and have much greater margins.
You may actually have a better shot at selling branded men's underwear. We also suggest that you start out by selling a few things you can find in your home. That way you won't need that much starting capital and you won't have to worry about customs and importation. Also this will help build up your feedback (Mind you, a good feedback is very helpful in convincing customers to buy from you).
Here's a forum post that may help, please have read:Link hidden: Login to view
All the best - cheers!:)
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out