New to importing

Free Member
13 Oct 08 10:06:39 pm
Hi Guys...

I live in Australia and I wanted to find out what the necessities are for importing goods such as DVD movies and such from China...Possible licenses and importing taxes?

Can you please direct me in the appropriate areas?

30 Oct 08 11:40:10 pm
Hi Michael,

You won't need a license to import DVDs. Your main concerns will be whether the DVDs are legitimate region 4 (pretty unlikely from China unfortunately) and the import duty.

You can take a look at information on duties here: Link hidden: Login to view

But you'll save yourself a lot of time if you just email or call customs and ask them to tell you. It can be tricky working out exactly what duties apply when you you're inexperienced.

Customs Information and Support Centre (CISC): telephone number 1300 363 263 or email: Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at