Process in obtaining a USA Resell Permit

Full Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 16 Apr 06
  • Karma:
17 Apr 06 08:17:13 am
I'd like an answer to the following question:

In order to sale in the U.S.A. you need a Reseller's Permit.
In order to sale online in the U.S.A. you need a Reseller's Permit.

How may one from outside of the U.S.A. obtain a Reseller's Permit in order to abide with the U.S. authorities in matters concerning sales tax collection/filling and tax payments?

I ask due to the fact that if one should run a successful online store with all the prerogatives in SEO Marketing for good positioning and, without the 'Reseller's Permit' one is doomed !! Might as well not start at all.

Is there a solution to this dilemma? :(

Full Member
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 12 Mar 06
  • Karma:
20 Apr 06 02:58:07 pm
I'm not sure what tax laws would apply if you are selling in the U.S. but do not have a physical store location. Retail sales permits are issued by each state within the United States. I have a retail sales permit from Michigan because my company was incorporated in the State of Michigan. You may want to check with an attorney who is familiar with international commerce. However, if you don't have a physical store front in the U.S. I'm not sure that any permit is required. That would be my unofficial take on the situation.

Good luck!


SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how