Wholesale & eBay Forum Importing & Customs Reseller or Tax ID - do I need this?

Reseller or Tax ID - do I need this?

yoga_queen0830
I am a new member with Salehoo. I need to know with the Wholesale suppliers do I need a tax id number in order to purchase products from them?. Do I need a tax id or resell tax id? What is the difference, and if so where do I go to get one or can I get one online and how much is it or is it free? A friend told me that it was free, but they may not be sure.

Thanks for your help
Ida

mana2006
some states charge and others don't. Some states and areas require you to have a business license and a state tax id. If your state doesnt require a state tax id you might have to get a federal id number. If you want a state tax id you can often do a search on your state and than put in tax id number. The state pages often contain information on starting a new business that can be helpful. Some companies will require the information and others will not. Than again if your stte charges sales tax and you buy from a company that has fixed operations in that state than you will need the id to avoid paying sales tax on your items. hope this helps

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how