Could someone look at my store?

beachdisney
Hi all.

Would someone please take a look at my store and tell me what do I need to do to improve it? Do I need more pics or better descriptions? I am getting plenty of views but no buyers. NONE. Ever.

Here is my store www.rachelsdressingroom.ecrater.com. I have not not made any real effort to promote it. Does that really lead to sales? There is just so much frustration on my part, tonight was the first time I looked at my store in over a month.

ecrater has no email so I just check my yahoo email I use for the store. That is why I have not looked at it in over a month. I even forgot some of my items.

Like the Beatles said Help, I need sombody's help. Not just anybody, heelllppp.

Thanks guys.

Dale.

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi Dale,

Thank you for singing, and for sharing with us your online store. =)

Here are my observations.

The 4th paragraph in the store introduction cannot be read, There’s something wrong with the formatting that you failed to show your whole message. There are only 5 items on sale. I think you need to develop this site first, put more merchandise and have a variety of clothing other than men’s, since the store name suggests women’s wardrobe. Try to keep your prices competitive, because the primary reason people will want to check out on the items would be the price, if it is the cheapest they can get over other options available.

Once you have a strong store ready for business you can then actively promote it. There are several ways to do this and they are not easy. But if you put your dedication and time on it, anything is possible. =)

I’ll be willing to share with you the different methods sellers use to drive traffic to their ecrater store. Just let me know when you’re ready.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Irene
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Dale,

I agree with the things Irene has pointed out in her post. Also you must devote time and extra effort if you want your store to get anywhere. You said it yourself,

I have not not made any real effort to promote it. Does that really lead to sales? There is just so much frustration on my part, tonight was the first time I looked at my store in over a month.

Another thing you have to take note is that you have to constantly visit your store - update it or add products as there is a message displayed at the bottom of every page "Last Updated: 24 Jan 2010 06:28:17 PST". A number of buyers base their decision on whether to buy from a seller or not on how often the site is being updated.

Also, it may just be me, but I'm not sure if your price is per lot or per shirt - is it $20/shirt or lot? Maybe you can work on making that much clearer as this will affect a buyers frame of mind as well.

You may find these posts helpful:

Link hidden: Login to view

Keep us posted if you don't mind! We'd love to see your store's transformation :)

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
fudjj
[quote:25e9e691]Hi Dale,

I think the girls have covered the main points really well.

To me, it looks like a completely unfinished store, and your introduction actually indicates that it is unfinished.

"We are going to be selling apparel." That statement tells me that you will be selling apparel sometime in the future, not that are you are in business right now.

The store layout then backs up that perception, only having a handful of items in stock and an intro that can't be fully read. To compound that problem, anyone that does visit and decides that they'll come back in a week or so and see how it is unfolding, of course finds absolutely no changes the next time they visit.

You don't get many opportunities in this game to capture a customer's attention, the last thing you want to do is burn your chances by ignoring the store like you are.

They may well have simply come when Kevin Costner built it, but it takes a lot of effort to get them through the doors in reality.

Even if that store was fully stocked, you still need to stay on top of the store with weekly specials, bonus offers and the like. Even if a customer makes a purchase, you need to give them a reason to come back again next week, not next season!

If you don't capture their imagination, your opposition will!

One thing I would also be changing is the introduction, it need to be far more professional to have any serious impact. You're not in the business of making friends, so introducing yourself and your wife is not really a positive in my opinion.

One of the biggest issues with consumers buying online is trust! Your introduction and layout makes it seem like you're running the business from a spare room. That sort of image will never build confidence in a consumer if they have never done business with you before.

Nothing wrong with being friendly once you have the customer on your books, that's the time to thank them for their purchase and introduce yourselves if you wish. You need a far more professional introduction to build confidence, you want the consumers thinking that you're a business that they can trust, not that you are just two people trying your luck with a few bits of clothing.

Online retail business is all about product, price and image, with each one playing an equally important role. Ignore one or more of those two things and it will be a constant source of frustration with effort equaling absolutely no reward at all!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

beachdisney
Irene, Richelle , and Mark,

Thank you for looking at my store and offering your honest opinion.

As a result I have closed the store. There is no reason to fix something I never cared about anyway. It is time for a new direction.

Drop shipping is new for me. I have access to a supplier of Rosetta Stone, unlocked Nokia cell phones, blackberrys, and a few other things.

First I am going to take a break from selling and enjoy the nice Spring weather, and read the forum a little closer.

Thank you again for your honesty and opinions.

Dale.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
You're welcome Dale! :)

After you enjoy the warm spring breeze and sunny mornings..just make sure that your heart is really there in your next endeavor. Its often easier to make something grow if we genuinely care for it or at least have some form of interest.

Have fun! Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
txwinelover
Members (and staff) of SaleHoo.

I just recently opened a Salehoo jewelry store.

Can all y'all [Sorry, I'm in TX;-):3b269bb8] take a look & let me know what you think?

I set the prices using Miss Alice's suggestion of the number 7, and have added several items with more on the way. Also will be working with a freelancer from Odesk.com on product descriptions & some other bits on the site....

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi TXwinelover,

We'd love to check out your store and offer constructive criticism where needed (if it is needed)! Kindly provide us a link to your store :)

Looking forward to that link!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
txwinelover
Oops, sorry, Richelle. I thought I did. My bad. :-(

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi TXwinelover,

Thanks for sharing your link :)

Just a few suggestions -

- You might want to remove the links to 'Sample Goods' and 'Sample Brands' as both are unused/empty.

- Edit and add information about you and your store in your About Us page.

- You can also edit the Welcome to My Store content and make it more personalized, like you could change My Store to your store's actual name :)

I noticed that all your listings indicated "(incl. Texas State Tax)" except for one - Link hidden: Login to view

Generally your store/listings looks good! And your rings are beautiful :)

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
txwinelover
Thanks, Richelle.

I have made the changes you suggested. Will be adding some necklaces tomorrow & will order earrings & pins as well as pendants also....

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
No worries :) Looking forward to your new listings!

All the best

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.