Finding Stock Photography for a website

Free Member
orenf
I recently joined Salehoo as someone that is really interested in building eCommerce based web applications. I believe that in addition to great prices, the site has to be easy to use, and esthetically pleasing. Subsequently, it's important that suppliers offer both details about their wholesale products as well as stock photography. I found a company and a product that I want to start selling, and while their product descriptions are incredibly detailed, their stock photography is awful. Not sure what to do here.

marilou-salehoo
Some e-commerce website owners sometimes fail to realize that having a great product and a great website is only half the battle. The first thing a prospective buyer sees are the pictures, if this catches his interest, only then will he take the time to read through the products description.

There isn't much you could do about it except to contact them and ask for a clearer picture of the product you want or buying a sample product and taking better photos for your website.

Good luck!

Marilou

Directory Administrator
SaleHoo Group Limited
Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi orenf,

Yes, sometimes we do not realize our own flaws until others point it out. ;) I am sure the supplier will greatly benefit from your observation (if you let them know about it!). If you need us to get in touch with them to raise this concern, let us know the details (you can send it through PM if you like).

Let us know how we can assist you with anything else. :)

I also recommend keeping in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter for daily wholesale and eBay selling tips:
Link hidden: Login to view

Kind regards,

Irene
Site Admin
fudjj
I recently joined Salehoo as someone that is really interested in building eCommerce based web applications. I believe that in addition to great prices, the site has to be easy to use, and esthetically pleasing. Subsequently, it's important that suppliers offer both details about their wholesale products as well as stock photography. I found a company and a product that I want to start selling, and while their product descriptions are incredibly detailed, their stock photography is awful. Not sure what to do here.

Hi orenf,

I'm not sure what the products are of course, but perhaps better quality images could be sourced through something simple like a Google images search.

Just be careful not to infringe on anyones copyright of course, but so long as the products are common enough, other images should be available.

As the support team have suggested, definitely make mention of the issue to the site admin, that can only benefit you and them in the long run (so long as they act to resolve the problem lol)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
orenf
Thanks so much for the feedback. I decided to move forward with the product and website, and I figured I would produce my own stock photos. I'm still very new to Salehoo, but so far ... very impressive.

Directory Approved Supplier
dietpatch
Our affiliate program at Diet-Patch.com has a full blown ecommerce and affiliate solution. Our webmaster ensures we have a variety of banners available. We are also open to any suggestions for new banners, a specific banner size and more.

That said, like your own question, we also find that some of our partners do not have the same offering of banners and promotional materials. When this happens, we'll create our own.

As far as stock photography, the most recognized would be Link hidden: Login to view , Link hidden: Login to view , and indeed google images as mentioned (but be careful of copyright issues here).

Make sure when creating your banners there is a call to action (CTA), and if you're creating an ecommerce website or marketing landing page that you have google analytics installed or similar to track your clicks and conversions to see if your banners are working.

Best of luck.
Mark Burke
Director of Online Marketing
Diet-Patch.com
'the easy way to lose weight"

The Original Diet Patch

Listed Supplier on SaleHoo
Site Admin
fudjj
Thanks so much for the feedback. I decided to move forward with the product and website, and I figured I would produce my own stock photos. I'm still very new to Salehoo, but so far ... very impressive.

No problems at all orenf, just yell out anytime we can be of assistance, that's what we're here for : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Site Admin
fudjj
Our affiliate program at Diet-Patch.com has a full blown ecommerce and affiliate solution. Our webmaster ensures we have a variety of banners available. We are also open to any suggestions for new banners, a specific banner size and more.

That said, like your own question, we also find that some of our partners do not have the same offering of banners and promotional materials. When this happens, we'll create our own.

As far as stock photography, the most recognized would be Link hidden: Login to view , Link hidden: Login to view , and indeed google images as mentioned (but be careful of copyright issues here).

Make sure when creating your banners there is a call to action (CTA), and if you're creating an ecommerce website or marketing landing page that you have google analytics installed or similar to track your clicks and conversions to see if your banners are working.

Best of luck.
Mark Burke
Director of Online Marketing
Diet-Patch.com
'the easy way to lose weight"

Thanks for your helpful input on this one Mark, and welcome to SaleHoo as an approved seller, nice to have you on board.

Istock is a good site, but I'll just highlight for members that it is a pay for service and it's very general in its images. Probably not the spot to find specific product images for display purposes, however never huts to look I guess.

That said, great site if you do any web design work, I've been a paid up member for a couple of years now, and get excellent value for money with odd projects here and there.

The do also have a pay-as-you-go option for anyone just needing a few images, so couple of payment options available there for anyone that is looking for that type of photo library service.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
orenf
I'm quite familiar with iStockPhoto.com, and Stock.XCHNG as well. iStockPhoto especially has a great selection, but I've clung to another stock photography site called shutterstock.com. What makes it slightly more effective than iStockPhoto is their search algorithm which does an impressive job at figuring out what I'm looking for. Other sites I've used are deviantArt.com, jupiterimages.com, and gettyimages.com, but shutterstock continues to be the most powerful.

Mark, thanks for the tips. I didn't know what a call to Action was, I had to look it up.

Directory Approved Supplier
dietpatch
Marc - thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here :)

Orenf - no problem, sometimes I forget I talk in acronyms :)

The Original Diet Patch

Listed Supplier on SaleHoo
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Welcome to the site Orenf and Mark!

Really nice to see all the positive and helpful inputs from you guys :)

Hope to see more of you on the forum. Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
fm1234
There are tons of usable images on Flickr as well. If you go to their search page and click on "Advanced Search" down at the bottom there is an option to check only CC-licenced photos, with additional qualifiers for content to be used commercially. There is a huge wealth of material there.

Here's a quick hack:

Code: Link hidden: Login to view

Just replace [keyword] with your desired search term. If your term has more than one word to it, use a plus sign between them eg. woman+smiling+seaside

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.