How can I improve my profit on eBay selling DVD players?

t0psales
So far sold 3 things from Chinavasion, 2 DVD players which made me a reasonable profit, now, one has to be returned as it's faulty, there goes my profit.

Last night, sold something for $140, barely any profit as I am trying to get my discount level up on Chinavasion, went to Brazil, cost me $137 before eBay fees. Another loss.

planes
I would suggest continuing a little further. Could be you ran into some bad luck on the DVD players.

Just continue what your doing and ensure you always make a profit because if you can't, when will you ever?

Sometimes things are funny when you just start something new. Kind of like one has to get over the hump.

You had success so continue what was successful and stop what was unsuccessful.( Priced to low. ) List DVD players. They seemed to move. List a bunch of varieties if there are any.

planes
If you get another faulty DVD player, stop listing them.

Free Member
userexists
Personally I wouldn't think you could make a consistent profit with DVD players on eBay. You only have to open your newspaper to see how heavily they are being discounted in the retail sector right now. Unless you can get a highly sought after make and model at an unbelievably low price, (you need to do your homework research) you could find yourself with a painful loss.

Difficult I can do right away. Impossible takes a little longer
t0psales
well, I am starting to agree with you userexists, I have been trying to get chinavasion to agree to replace it, bad comms there, I have just asked them to send a new one to the customer, yes I am paying for it, i have also asked the customer to send the faulty one to me when they receive the new one.

she is getting upset, this one will be a big loss.

but on the plus side, things that I am selling from a aussie wholesaler seem to be moving, no big numbers yet but its a start.

Site Admin
richellemonfort
That's great news AustGarageSales :)

We hope everything will turn out to you advantage.. Too more sales and profits too!

Cheers :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
fudjj
AGS, I think you should perhaps keep your focus to smaller, lighter, cheaper items to ship. The problem you have is even though you may well be able to get a product listed cheaper than the same can be found by shopping traditional retail, a smart shopper will always calculate the shipping cost of having it delivered as part of their total cost of the unit.

The bigger, and heavier an item is, the more the shipping cost and the less competitive you are against offline retail.

Always important to remember that not only are we competing against other online sellers, but there is a more traditional retail world of commerce we also have to be one step ahead of to ensure we are providing products that are hard for any customer to turn down for any reason.

Good that's you're up and away and making some headway, getting the ball rolling is often the hardest part : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
t0psales
yes well, going that way fudge.

chinavasion finaly agreed to look at the DVD player, now to send it back and get acredit.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.