How do you make money selling online?

beachdisney
Hi Guys.

This is only one example.

I found SANDISK® 4GB CLASS 2 SDHC MEMORY CARD from one our our suppliers for $8.88(USD). This looks like a good deal considering I found it at Walmart for $14.00(USD). Then I checked online.

Ebay has one for $7.99(USD).
Amazon has one for$6.99.
Google shopping turned some up for $2.00.

I do not have the budget for buying things in huge bulk lots.

How do you compete?

I know. Find something no one else is selling. Good luck with that one.

EVERYTHING I have sought to source from online or our suppliers, I have found cheaper elsewhere.

How do you compete?

I am so frustrated, I feel like just working a second job. At least I'll know there is some kind of money for me at the end of the week.

raiderjake
im about at the same point. i havent even tried looking for anything to sell for a long time. back on here like an idiot trying to find something lol

fm1234
Not to be flippant, but how does Wal-Mart do it, if it's so easy to find them for half price?

The $2 seller on Google Shopping sells them bulk ie. unwrapped, loose cards, and charges $6 shipping for an item that can be mailed in an envelope with a first class stamp.

The first three sub-$10 vendors I found on Amazon have terrible feedback about unworking cards, slow/no service, mixed up orders etc.

Value is a relative proposition. You don't have to sell something no one else is selling -- as you said, good luck finding it before Target/Wal-Mart/etc. do and get it on their shelves. You just have to Link hidden: Login to view.

Of course, coming up with a unique selling proposition for something as basic as a memory card may be kind of hard, but that applies to almost anything you can think of. I have a friend who sells phones and accessories at break even and occasionally loss prices, because he makes all of his money on the e-mail list he's built out of customers. So his operation is known for super-cheap retail phones and accessories, but he's bleeding money every time he ships a phone. His approach to selling phones is that it's a relatively cheap way to get qualified leads for his list.

You could sell the cards with a mail-in rebate, and laugh all the way to the bank on the idiots who don't send in the form. Consumer/retail incentive company Parago released a study a few years ago that showed that for some electronics items, rebate redemption rates were sub-10% -- and that the cheaper an item is, the less likely customers are to bother with sending it in.

Just saying that there's more than one way to skin a cat, and that price is not king in all cases.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.