How To Price My Prodcuts On Ebay?

sgr4679
Hello to this great community,
I need your help, This issue is been bugging me for a long time because i don't think i understand what's the best way to price my item and how, for example :

Unizqe product with no competition that i want to be sold at 50$:
1. Should i list it at BUY IT NOW for 50$ ?
2. Bid auction, at what price should i start the auction ?
3. Should i use Bid auction and give my customers an option of BUY IT NOW ?
4.What's the rate difference should be between Bid and Buy it Now, is Starting bid of 29.99 Or BUY IT NOW AT 49.99 is logic ? - What's the difference rate should be ?

I apologize for all the questions but this is really important to me, For all the replyers i would really appreciate your reference for each paragraph .
Thanks a lot

bashmaki
Anyone else notice the substantial drop in ebay prices? I've been really taking it in the shorts without a minimum price set. I'm not losing money on my items because I buy them dirt cheap but the prices I'm getting are way below what they used to be.
There are a lot of tire kickers out there but not many actual bidders. I had one item looked at 156 times with 17 watchers. I got two bids and it sold for nearly half of what it would have a year ago. A year ago there would have been a bidding war the last hour.

sgr4679
Thanks for thr respond but that doesn't answer my questions.

bashmaki
Thanks for the tip jimmy. Now that you mentioned it the last real decent price I received on a sewing machine was a buy it now sale.

SGR,
I didn't mean to hijack your thread; I just didn't want to start another one about pricing on ebay. I knew someone with more experience would answer your question.
I apologize,
Gus

planes
Hello to this great community,
I need your help, This issue is been bugging me for a long time because i don't think i understand what's the best way to price my item and how, for example :

Unizqe product with no competition that i want to be sold at 50$:
1. Should i list it at BUY IT NOW for 50$ ?
2. Bid auction, at what price should i start the auction ?
3. Should i use Bid auction and give my customers an option of BUY IT NOW ?
4.What's the rate difference should be between Bid and Buy it Now, is Starting bid of 29.99 Or BUY IT NOW AT 49.99 is logic ? - What's the difference rate should be ?

I apologize for all the questions but this is really important to me, For all the replyers i would really appreciate your reference for each paragraph .
Thanks a lot

If you have a truly unique product, then I would suggest a fixed price format.

Another option I see a lot of sellers doing is an auction format with a buy it now option.

planes
I would also do a couple of trial runs of each to see what happens. Even if you lose some money it will be worth it to see what traffic you get.

sgr4679
Thanx everybody for all your help, So basicly you say that if i have a unizuq product that i belive in it it will eventually sell ?

Should i post it at a 30 day listing or less ?

Thanx again you are awsome,
P.S - it's ok Gus you didn't hijack anything :)

planes
Thanx everybody for all your help, So basicly you say that if i have a unizuq product that i belive in it it will eventually sell ?

Should i post it at a 30 day listing or less ?

Thanx again you are awsome,
P.S - it's ok Gus you didn't hijack anything :)

At this point I would list all items 30 days.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.