How to Refund Using Paymate?

dwmgoods35
Hey everyone,

I know some of you already use Paymate and just started using them a few weeks ago and was wondering how to refund a buyer if requested using Paymate? I know it was pretty easy to refund buyers using Paypal but can't seem to find any material on how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

grace-salehoo
Hey,

The only thing about refunds that I can find on the Paymate site is this:

'To refund a credit card payment to your buyer, please contact Link hidden: Login to view. Give full details of the original transaction and also advise the exact amount to refund.

Keep in mind that your buyer may have paid a Paymate buyer's fee and so you may wish to refund that also.'

Link hidden: Login to view

There are also a few comments on the Oztion Forums saying that Paymate refunds are a bit of a hassle because you have to contact the sales team to put them through, and you don't get your fees back.

Hope that helps :)

Grace

wholesalejoe
Yes you must contact support at Paymate
Give them the transaction info and askthem to refund
I have had to refund two clients due to lost packages and was no hassle
Refunds take 5 to 7 business days just like a credit card.

We add new stuff daily...

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi Don,

Yep, everyone's covered this pretty well, but it isn't an automated process to refund as it is PayPal, completely different structure.

It's pretty much a straight up credit card transaction that is processed through a banking entity when using Paymate, so as Grace and Joe have said, you do have to go through customer support to refund, but it's painless.

They do provide a very solid customer service platform, at least to my experience anyway. : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

planes
A trick you might do is have a Paypal account. If your connected to the same bank that Paymate pays you then just offer the person a Paypal payment as a send money option, provided they have a Paypal account which many eBay buyers have.
Then simply send the person money from your Paypal account which would then take the money from the checking account Paymate pays you.

I haven't tried this yet but might be work around.

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how