International Shipping Questions

Free Member
14 Sep 08 05:14:24 pm
Hello & happy Sunday! I am a US based eBay seller & am having trouble deciding whether or not to ship internationally. I know Priority Mail is the best way to go because of delivery times, however I am not sure what to charge. I know there are flat rate envelopes & some of my items would fit into those, others would not. I would charge $12 for a flat rate envelope but I have no idea what a safe dollar amount would be for anything that will not fit in those. I need an opinion or a suggestion of what you all do? I definitely do not want to lose money!

Also, what percentage of your sales come from international buyers & is it really worth it to ship internationally or to just Canada or just stick with the US?

Thanks for your input & ideas.

Site Admin
25 Sep 08 10:38:54 pm
I personally use a set of scales to weigh and a tape to measure all my items, then logon to my shippers site and key in the stats for an accurate quote.

If the items are small enough, I always include an international shipping option at cost price to cover as much of the market as possible.

I haven't really taken the time to look at my stats, but I would take a guess and say that the international orders make up less than 10% of my online selling business, but like I said, I like to cover as much as the market as I can to maxmise my chances of a sale.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at