Is a business license required for selling goods online?

20 Mar 09 01:59:58 am
Hey guys,

I am kind of confused about what licenses etc are needed to open an online business or basically sell products online? This question is more targeted to those living in the US. I live in Virginia and the type of business would be Home Based which is how they categorize it. The requirements are stated that I need to fill out a 'zoning' form then a business license then a tax id. Does anyone have good knowledge on this stuff? I don't want to be a bad business and be breaking laws so I want to get this right. Thanks in advance.

20 Mar 09 02:05:13 am
Give these guys a ring.

They will give you all the right information, more than any forum member can anyway.

Link hidden: Login to view

Free Member
20 Mar 09 02:09:33 am
Hi Don,
If you are planning to sell on eBay, there is a lot of information available on their business help pages. Start here :Link hidden: Login to view

Difficult I can do right away. Impossible takes a little longer

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at