Fall September Special

Is the 'Buy It Now' option on ebay useless?

ausware
my experience with using the buy it now option, completely sucks..

i have tried to use it about 10times, and no luck at all. even the visits are really low.

i am wasting my time right?

grace-salehoo
In my experience I've found that the Buy It Now option works best in combination with an auction price on second-hand big ticket items, like dining tables, TVs etc. This is probably because some people need those items urgently, and are prepared to pay a bit more to secure it. I've also found they work quite well on second-hand books.

A Buy It Now can also be a good way to drive the auction bidding up, as it gives people an indication of what the item is worth - e.g. you list a TV with a starting price of $400, and a Buy It Now of $750.

On the other hand, I Buy It Now's haven't worked at ALL for me on items like new and used DVDs and clothing! I'm guessing this is because there are a lot of sellers offering these things, and they tend to be items people want but don't 'need' - so the urgency is not the same.

Grace

vcmex01
I used the Buy It Now for a while and I realized that buyers tend to wait out the auction to save money. You must also take note that the Buy It Now does not work well when your listing indicates multiple quantities available. I use my Buy It Now for one item at a time. Thanks.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.