Wholesale & eBay Forum Selling Products Online & Marketing Licenses, documentation. Do I need this for selling on eBay?

Licenses, documentation. Do I need this for selling on eBay?

brad-sickness
My wife was asking me if what I was doing was illegal...

All I am doing is buying stuff from people on eBay (bargains) and reselling them at a higher price for profit. I don't usually buy in bulk but lately I've bought (from a few different people) like 20 x DVD's (genuine r1 dvd's), 8 x video game (genuine UK PAL) etc...

Do I actually need any kind of papers or anything to not get in trouble? From what I can tell and everything I've read... there's nothing wrong with what I'm doing.

jimmy_huber
Free Member
You need to refer to your countries tax laws but as far as buying and selling on ebay being illegal. No

I buy dvd lots from ebay occasionally but I buy in larger amounts such as 50-300 dvd's

Alot of the products I buy come from large ebay lots.

Just make sure your paying your taxes :D

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo

brad-sickness
I'm not aware of any tax laws for Australia. Though I think I did read that if the amount of items I ship in is worth over $1,000 then I do have to pay something...

Ugh, where to start... headache, heh.

jmoon87
I buy bulk lot dvds all the time off ebay and resell back on ebay or at local flea markets .

brad-sickness
...and I assume it's okay to order DVD's from online retailers when they have special discounts and resell them? :wink:

I mean, hundreds of dollars in each order (no banned content).

brad-sickness
Just reading other threads about business licenses and reseller permits etc...

Would I need these if I were buying from online retail stores (e.g. Amazon) and resell them at a higher price on eBay?

Also, when sourcing real distributors... for dvd's, how much credit do you think you'd need before they let you using them?

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how