my experience making some real money

Free Member
classic-dutchman
I am new at salehoo but i am not new on selling on the internet. I looked around a while and it seems that this is really takes a lot of time to make some real money. I figured the best way to make some money on this site is to buy a bulk and then you need sell it. but the items are really not that cheap that you could make some real money. and of course you take a risk that you sell your product less then you bought it. Plus you need storage to store your products.
My gameplan is to really focus on a simular product and try to sell that online.
I buy a specific antiques on ebay and sell it on a local auction site. this really works out for me.
By example i buy a antique for 200dollar and always sell it around 500dollar.
and i dont even have pack the item because it is a local site and people usealy come pick it. maybe this could be usefull to someone.

I'm not really experienced on selling on ebay.
Can anyone give me some tips how to get the max out of this site?

Site Admin
fudjj
It's good to see someone using ebay as a product resource, not a market to sell. So many tend to overlook the fact that it is the worlds biggest wholesale marketplace, and as such presents all sorts of opportunities for people such as yourself who are using it in this way.

I used to buy local white goods from ebay, then list them in the local paper and always make well over 100% on my investment. I used to also get vehicles and sell them through local papers as well, sometimes a lot of work to make good margin, but the effort was paying off extremely well!

If you've got a good little local market going there and ebay is proving to be a valuable resource, I wouldn't personally try and change your current set-up.

Perhaps you can look at just increasing the stock profile, something that has a wider appeal to create more market share, and of course something that is cost effective to source from ebay : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
ezbargins
Great ideas! SO somewhat like buying bulk or what not then selling like a flea markets etc. Right?

Site Admin
fudjj
I only bought targeted items such as white goods, as the other member seems to focus on antiques. I think it's much better to focus on a genre or a certain product range, but you should never over look a bargain when presented.

There has been many occasions when I have bought an item of ebay to sell in the local paper just because I had a very good idea on the items real value.

Not everyone uses ebay to buy their products, and some prefer to be able to look before buying, and ebay can be the perfect resource to cater for local buyers.

I've managed to sell my fair share of products on ebay, but if I was to calculate the profit I made from buying from ebay, I have little doubt that it would well out way what I made selling there.

I have a lot of automotive knowledge, so I could buy a car being listed on ebay locally, spend one or two days cleaning the vehicle up and doing some minor repairs. I would then list the car in a local trading magazine and make about 1,000 on average for my two days work.

No doubt you will make the most by purchasing through ebay to on-sell if you have a good understanding of your market, and that includes good product knowledge and good knowledge of the market you will be selling to.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
classic-dutchman
I think the best way to make money is to invest it first. most people wouldn't invest and do some dropshipping like salehoo presents. but sometimes you have to take the risk and spend some more money to make a real profit.
what fudjj sayd use your knowledge and work with that.
if you got some automotive knowlegde like fudjj you should use that ,and thats a really smart way to use your fixing abilities.
if you got some experience in fixing phones use that and buy broken phones, invest some money to fix it and sell it.

Thanks for your tip fudjj, but its aqtually pretty hard to increase my stock profile since ebay is such a pain in the ass when you see a nice bargain. Mostly are many people lurking on the same product.

thats the disadvantage of buying on ebay. you have to follow the product constantly and usally stay up late to make a real shot of winning the item.
but ist working out pretty good

artpants
you can say that again

Site Admin
fudjj
Sorry to ruin that for you artpants : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
userexists
Ebay is a great resource for purchasing items to flip for really good profits. You can set up a search for a product you are interested in and get an email every time one is listed. The items that will go for below market value are the ones that have poor or no photos, poor spelling or are listed in the wrong category. I purchased an eBook on eBay Arbitrage that shows you how to find these hidden gems. So far since I read that book I have made total profits in excess of $3000 just from eBay purchases. Sometimes I just put the item back on eBay with a great listing and good pictures to get the profit; other times I've on-sold on other auction sites or just to acquaintances. After awhile the bad listings just jump out at you. You can also pick up really great bargains from retailers if you keep your eyes open while shopping, especially during stocktake sales.

Difficult I can do right away. Impossible takes a little longer
Free Member
classic-dutchman
great info guys. i guess there should be many hidden gems if you just open your eyes a bit wider. but if you buy such a product with poor pictures and info, how would you know if its actually worth buying and not broken or anything??

and fudjj what made you change your gameplan? or do you just take every chance you get?

Site Admin
fudjj
I've always been a bit of a risk taker personally, not one to sit on the fence. Now, that attitude has seen me get my fingers burnt on more than one occasion, but each time I made sure that if I had to pay for the lesson, I was damn well going to learn it and not just completely waste my money!

I'm the kind of guy to always have several fingers in the pie, so if an opportunity presents, I will usually jump on it, just so long as a bigger and better opportunity doesn't unfold at the time time : )

I was in a local pawn shop last week, saw a guy at the counter wanting to sell a little mini HP laptop, brand new, unwanted prize he was telling the clerk. I took a few steps to my left while looking at the guitars to make sure I could hear what was going on.

The guy told his story and I knew the dealer was going to try and scalp him, $100 is the best I could do, the guy says...heavy sigh from the owner, OK, he then says. I take two more steps to my left, pull out my wallet and say to the guy.....$150.00, 30 seconds later I walked out of the store with a sweet little brand new mini PC, leaving behind a rather bemused dealer who was struggling to work out what had just happened!

I figured I could flip it on ebay for an easy 100 bucks with a quick sale, but after having a play I've fallen in love with the little thing, now it lives in my car : )

Ahhhh yes, opportunity is everywhere, never thought I would find it standing in a pawn shop, but now I know better lol...........

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

logical-insane
Lol standing around in a pawn shop doing stuff like that will get you banned from that shop sooner than later I guess :D

Site Admin
fudjj
Must admit, I haven't been cheeky enough to stick my head back through the door just yet lol.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
ujenco
I actually buy something on ebay that costs me .99 cents for 10 of them and I sell em at the flea market for 50 cents each. They sell like hot cakes. Oh PS - the shipping is free too, so my only cost if I am the winning bidder is generally 99 cents. Sometimes I have to pay a little more, but I net $ 5 for each 10 so $ 4.01 is pure profit. Not a bad margin at all.

I cant tell you what it is as I barely have any competition bidding on these items against me now, so I don't want any. sorry. :P

Flea Market Vendor - Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.