New Dropship question

Free Member
letsrock2001
Looking for todays products to dropship to auction sites.But at wholesale prices! Economy is changing so we need to find competitive prices..Meaning all of us!

brad2819
You probably won't find dropshipped products for wholesale prices, I researched a fair amount of dropshippers and their prices were for the most part on par or above the prices on ebay and other auction sites. The dropshippers buy the products at wholesale and then mark it up, in the hopes that you can sell it for them.

Somebody in the forum may know of some, however, I do not.

I wish you well in your searches though

Site Admin
fudjj
You may not post much brad2819, but when you do you give pretty sound advice : )

I couldn't agree more, ebay is already set at wholesale value, making it almost impossible to compete with wholesale sourcing prices. Some members will tell you that they are making some cash from drop shipping, but most will fail.

Take a serious look at liquidated stock items, as well as consider secondhand.

They are two of the most cost effective ways of getting started in online sales.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
singapore101
Another is get 3 or 4 friends and go to a trade show in Hong Kong and china.Buy light items,and small.You dont need to fill a 20FT container complete,you can go a few cubic meters less and wont loose money.If everyone pitches in you might be able to afford it.Also you can share containers with other importers,so you dont need to buy as much goods.If shipping to usa check which port is cheaper to ship to.Than figure out shipping to your destination by truck.It might be cheaper to have container shipped to NY if you live on east coast.But you can have it shipped to West coast have it shipped by train to Chicago,then by truck to your east coast location.Its all math.Get freight forwarder to handle both ends of deal.You dont want your products stuck at the port because paper work and other stuff not done correctly.People wait at ports for this to happen so thjey can buy your goods even cheaper to resell.

Free Member
letsrock2001
You may not post much brad2819, but when you do you give pretty sound advice : )

I couldn't agree more, ebay is already set at wholesale value, making it almost impossible to compete with wholesale sourcing prices. Some members will tell you that they are making some cash from drop shipping, but most will fail.

Take a serious look at liquidated stock items, as well as consider secondhand.

They are two of the most cost effective ways of getting started in online sales.

Hmm my friends are in the same boat I am. Need to start out somewhere tho!

Site Admin
fudjj

Hmm my friends are in the same boat I am. Need to start out somewhere tho!

Yep, everyone is looking to get a foot hold in the market for as little outlay as possible, but drop shipping can be a fools paradise. It promises everything you dream of, but in reality can end up delivering you nothing more than a waste of time and money!

It's true, some people make some cash out of it, you hear all sorts of stories as to how much, but the one thing that they usually have in common is that it took a very long time, in most cases years, to find the right product and the right supplier.

Secondhand is the best alternative, of course it means leaving the PC to source stock and a lot don't want to put that small effort in, but if you hit a few yard sales, a weekend market, a few thrift shops....and buy smart, you can take $50.00 and turn it into $100 easily, maybe more if you buy really well.

Not much of an outlay, and around a 100% margin is more than possible, I'm not aware of any drop ship item that can deliver a margin like that. Liquidation is another serious option you should consider, look at jimmy's loads, you can spend around the $200 mark to get rolling.

If you don't have that capital then team up with some friends, or even other Salehoo members to get started, plenty here in the same position as you, and looking for an opportunity to get started.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
letsrock2001
Ok then I don't have much money! So, lets do this, all of us can put in for a big pallet shipment. Mail it to one of us and they send it out to the others. Split it up and make a profit! First to find out whats the hottest selling right now! Then decide on an amount thats needed! Has to be something that we can make enough to branch out tho on our own! Yes, this is you mailing out the products yourself! So keep the costs for shipping and where you want to ship etc.Who wants in?I am thinking of liqudation or wholesale!

Site Admin
fudjj
What's your location, and what sort of products are you most interested in sourcing?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
letsrock2001
[color=#00BF00]
What's your location, and what sort of products are you most interested in sourcing?
[b]Seeing alot of iphones wanted, not to mention unlocked cell phones by different companies ergo at&t and verizon and more. In pa here married with 2 kids. Whats your opinion of the hottest selling items? Found a pallet for 100 plus shipping on that guys liquidation site that you mentioned. [/b][/color]

ebaywholesales
I am new to this and running into the same problem most of you are. I think it is a load of crap that most of the wholesalers that they listed for us just happen to be powersellers. How the hell can we compete with the people we are buying from. Only thing I found that I can mark up was stress balls. Lol. I really don't see there being that much demand for them. You have a very good idea by getting together for a pallet shipment. Only problem is that you would be listing against each other. If we put our heads together I think we can work out something and become successful.

Site Admin
fudjj
I couldn't help much with the hottest selling items at the moment, not really my field, but I'm sure some others could shed some light on that for you.

As for jimmy's loads, I did suggest him because he does offer low cost packs for members to get a feel, and possible foothold in the liquidation market.

Apart from that, he also has a feedback thread on his loads running in the forum, so you are able to research from other members experience.

Would definitely be the way I would be going if it were my first load.

I don't have any info on these guys, but they are local, and if close you can always stick your head in the door and see what is available.

Wholesale Liquidators
10098 Sandmeyer Ln
Philadelphia, PA 19116
(215) 437-5000?

You also have a hotel liquidator there in PA as well, but not sure of their name. I know they deal in hotel refits, so they buy up all the old gear and you can get everything from appliances, to beds and beyond.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

ebaywholesales
can you supply a link for jimmy's loads. couldn't find much. thx

Free Member
letsrock2001
I am new to this and running into the same problem most of you are. I think it is a load of crap that most of the wholesalers that they listed for us just happen to be powersellers. How the hell can we compete with the people we are buying from. Only thing I found that I can mark up was stress balls. Lol. I really don't see there being that much demand for them. You have a very good idea by getting together for a pallet shipment. Only problem is that you would be listing against each other. If we put our heads together I think we can work out something and become successful.

Pallet shipment comes with alot of different items. Could each do different items and switch off when some1 completes selling their similar products. I like ioffer, kijiji and an online aution site with live bidding..

Site Admin
fudjj
A few different ways of doing it, I was part of the first investment group ever formed here on Salehoo, we ended up raising over $30,000, with over 30 members investing a minimum of 500 each.

It was called an investment group for a reason, we all didn't want to take products and then list against each other, driving the profits down, but we wanted to pool the money through one single distribution point.

That in essence was the start of jimmy's company, Link hidden: Login to view as it is today.

Jimmy took control of buying a truckload, selling off, with the idea of then turning some profit each, and rolling the rest into another load...and so on.

Not going to tell you that was an easy way of doing it, because none of us had any experience in the field, just ideas..and a lot of keen members to see new opportunities open up.

In my opinion, although we all made mistakes, the basic concept was solid, and in my opinion the best way to roll with a joint venture, especially quite a large one that involved members from all over the world.

If you guys just put a few local members together, then you have more flexible options open to you.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

merloinc
ok, well any members from the west suburbs of Chicago let me know, we might be able to work together.

Free Member
letsrock2001
Wow found dirt cheap clothes. So I emailed her and shes considering dropshipping now that she knows what it is! I wonder who else would do it if they knew!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.