New eBay Feedback Policy

wholesalelist101
If you have not heard by now eBay's new feedback policy is now in effect. This means that sellers can no longer leave anything but positive feedback for all of your buyers! Your buyers can still leave you the seller negative feedback but you no longer have that option! Way to look after the ones that put the money in your pockets eBay! This has got to be the stupidest move eBay has ever made and believe me they have made quite a few!

partainsr
Hey I'm pretty new to all of this, but it seems that although you can only leave positive feedback, you can still leave 'custom comments.' Doesn’t that mean that we can still say what we truly feel about that buyer and the transaction? That should be some consolation.

partainsr
Maybe one of those Power Sellers Unite guys can start a 'black list' of bad buyers that sellers could refer to.

journies2107
You can not leave bad comments, ebay will remove them, I dunno about you guys but i have already dealt with 2 extortionist trying to either get the item for free or to actually send them a check for $$ for them not to give me a negative feedback. They are trying to cut out the fraud when it comes to sellers but what i dont think they understand is fraud goes both ways

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Immediately report them to ebay

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
sestrella
The new way of scoring feedback percentages is messed up too I think. I have all positives as a seller but 1 neutral and 1 neg as buyer. Granted the 1 neg is because i left her neg. feedback (this is their theory of why they got rid of it) because she sent me a broken electronics item and i returned it and she claimed to never get it. The other said i was impatient ....it was for a walker for surgery that took 2 weeks to get....and they were selling off their dead grandmas stuff and got in over their head lol But anyway it totally lowered my score because I just came back to ebay recently and only have 50 feedbacks.

On the contrary bhexpress feedback shot up from say 100k to 300k in one day and there borderline 98% went up to 99.9% and they have on average 400-500 neg and neutral feedbacks a week. So this again is a way to push ebay toward higher level sellers and weed out the small guys.

I am so angry of this feedback deal...esp today of all days when I got stiffed on a $900 wholesale lot after waiting 7 business days for a echeck to clear its gone cancelled kapoot and i cant say a word!

But lets face it with their millions of hits a month we subject ourselves to these rules in order to get the best possible traffic and profit.

midwestliquidationgroup
Why is everyone using ebay when craigslist is MUCH more effective and free to use. I can honestly say that we as a company have made thousands on Craigslist in the same time only hundreds on ebay (the fees kill you on high volume high dollar items). Just my two cents. Good luck to us all.

Jim, Midwest Liquidation Group

grboutique
When you list items on Craigslist and offer shipping and a credit card payment, most of the time it will get flagged. How do you go about listing your items on craigslist without getting it flag for offering to ship your items and offer credit card payment as well?

journies2107
I dont get much sales at all on craigslist, maybe its just my part of the country

Free Member
designerthriftshop
GR - Craig's List will flag you for offering to ship your item & using a credit card in your listing with them but if you put in your description to contact you for more details you avoid all that! If someone contacts you, repond via email & you can tell them all of your policies & benefits & direct them to a website & not get flagged! Just a little trick I've learned. Hope it helps!

timg311918
Yep designers right, also include an email and a phone number..I tried to sell a trcuk cab once and included only an email address. Then after 2 weeks of no sale I included my phone number on the exact same listing and I had 3 inquiries in the first 24 hours and a sale the next day...some people simply don't want to communicate by email sometimes, or don't want to bother if they have questions about it.

timg311918
Also craigs list doesn't work for every market it seems...but if you have anything auto related they same to go at a premium price and fast.

Although I haven't tested every market (electronics, software, and clothing do better on Ebay unless they are hot items.)

grboutique
Thanks designerthriftshop! =) I will give that a try. I have sold some electronics on craigslist specially LCD TV's and some smaller ones but when I tried putting credit card and shipping in my AD, automatically, not even 3 minutes of live posting it got flagged LOL! so I just listed them as for pick-up and cash only sales. I did however sold two watches of cartier worth $5000 to a buyer from Florida and my merchant from merchantinc.com is great. I just put the item description in my shopping cart, then I sent my customer an invoice and walah! NO PAYPAL INVOLVED! =) So now I am working to learning how to build my own website with the advice of Jimmy. After that's done, then I can advertise my website to craigslist under services.

jenniferb2626
I agree with all of you about the new feedback policy. Before I found this thread I had just sent a question to Salehoo.com about how do I become a powerseller when Ebay charge so much for listing and then PAYPAL take $1.22 per transaction(AUD) and then charge AGAIN to transfer my own money from PAYPAL(for which they have already charged me)to my bank account. After I take out postage - that leaves me minimal profit and I list more things - it only costs me more!!!!

How do I get around this - pleae know that I live in Australia and am not sure if Craigslist is available to Aussies. There is another site starting very soon called 'www.swapkidzstuff.com.au' and although it is starting in the great land called Oz - I think ultimately they would like to go global. in the mean time however, apart from setting up my own website, I am at aloss as to what I can do. Can anyone help?

Free Member
designerthriftshop
There you go GR! Good luck. You know, once you get the ad down pat you can list in multiple cities. The Bay area of California is a HOT area as well as the Washington DC area. You just need multiple email addresses or CL will get you for over posting.

grboutique
Oh Thanks so much for that info Designerthriftshop! =) I have a couple of people that even if I posted the AD for local sales and cash only, I still receive emails asking for shipping cost so I think that's a good sign =)

Free Member
designerthriftshop
I'm more than happy to help out GR! Hope you make a boat load of $$$$ !!!!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.