Salehoo Stores - Do I need a resllers or tax ID?

sobtjr
In the next two or three weeks i want to start an on line store. Can anyone tell me will i need a resellers licence or tax i d to get things moving? Thanks for any advise Bob

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Bob, that will come down to what supply method you are using. For example, if you will be purchasing from a wholesaler, then a tax id may well be required, in fact it's pretty much the norm with any wholesaler to request a tax if before trading with you.

Surplus stock, drop shipping, a tax id isn't usually required to use these supply methods.

Of course, as for you own taxation record keeping, well that is up to you :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Bob,

If getting either or both won't be too much of a hassle then it will definitely not hurt your business to secure both.

Have a reseller or tax ID will give you the opportunity to work with more suppliers plus it will show suppliers just how serious you are with your business!

All the best :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
cbdstuff
Can anyone direct me on where to get reseller id or tax id number

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi cbdstuff,

If you are based in the US or Canada, you can usually get one from your State’s website – just Google ‘Your State + sales tax’. Most states have an online form on their website these days. Most states also charge a small fee. This varies from state to state, but it's usually around $50.

If you can’t find any information online on how to get a seller permit, then just contact or visit your local County Clerk Office.

Hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
cbdstuff
I had a EIN from when I sold on ebay in 2006.Can I just use that number or do you think I need new number?

Site Admin
fudjj
I'm not really sure as to how long that would last before being cancelled due to no use, but I would double check to see if it was still valid or if in fact it could be reactivated.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
yolandarker
I want to start an online business , wholesaler requested the reseller ID . How. Would I get it in indiana. I look at the in gov website and don't sure which one apply to me please help me out Link hidden: Login to view
St 105 or the st 105d is for the reseller id

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi Yolandarker,

This guide may help - Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers!

Irene
Free Member
yolandarker
Hi Yolandarker,

This guide may help - Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers!

that link is for
tax ID right? but I want is the reseller certificate or something like that, it is the same?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Yolandarker,

A Indiana seller's permit is also called a state ID or a sales tax number
and a general Indiana state resale tax numbrer for business.

You might find this link helpful with your resellers ID or sales tax ID application - Link hidden: Login to view

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.