Sales and Use Tax ID question

Free Member
11 Jul 13 08:55:56 pm
Alright, so I'm just starting out here and I want to sell products on eBay and have them drop shipped. I know a lot of wholesalers require a resell certificate. I'm located in Maryland, and the resell certificate needs to have a sales and use tax ID number on it.

I filled out the form to receive a number online, but it seemed that you are supposed to already be a registered business to be able to receive your number. I just entered it as a sole proprietorship and used my name and home address for company name and location.

I'm just curious if I'm going about all of this properly; I'm new to the game, and I want to do things right!

Site Admin
12 Jul 13 01:57:04 am
Hello and welcome Rafielle,

I'm no tax expert but I think what you did is fine. Although in the future you may want to possible get a PO box address for your business rather than provide your home address ( more of a safety concern). I suggest approaching your country clerk office or a local account for proper guidance in this matter :)

You might find these helpful -

Link hidden: Login to view
Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps!

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at