Tips in Getting a Power Seller Status on eBay

william232
Hi Everyone,

I have been selling online for awhile using other suppliers outside SaleHoo's training, and from my own personal suppliers i have used over the past couple of months.

I have had so many members here asking serveral questions if its worth setting up a store or not and to be honest, its not even worth it if you have a few items up. However, what you can do is list items from our SaleHoo suppliers (sometimes you will find the same prices on Amazon compared to suppliers here on SaleHoo). Price is not the key - its your titles. To be honest, I have to admit most prices are the same and few items i find here are being sold on Amazon. As long as you title your eBay correctly, and try to be unique as possible (with unique images), you should be sweet to go.

List as many items as possible and once you hit your limits, ring up eBay and get your limits increased again.

Another tip if you're new, you can get recipes and sell them on for 1 cent auctions for 5 days and let bidders battle them out! Just a reminder, you shouldn't only be doing recipes and a max you should be doing is 5 recipes a day.

With all my limits and tips i have provided, yes i am a power seller without doing much work. My eBay feedback was damaged and i used my recipes selling techniques to repair myself to bring me from being below standard to above standard (under global.) Now, i am a power seller from the result of that.

Site Admin
fudjj
Always good to see experienced members sharing some of that wisdom around :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
pjsmartbiz
I recently signed up with salehoo. Got a supplier to work with. When I look at prices of same items selling on ebay, there is not much profit at all. Should I just list them at the price that I make money? Do you think they will be sold?

Sincerely,

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Peter,

As a general rule, dropshipping is so competitive on sites like eBay and Amazon, that it's hard to make much profit at all. Having said that, research is a big key to dropshipping success. It's not just about getting a supplier, that's the easy bit. You have to research the products you are going to sell, research your competition and then measure that against different suppliers to see if you can find your place in the market.

It sounds to me like you've just sorted gotten a supplier first, then realized that the products you've chosen aren't going to give you the margin you need. Have you also factored into that equation, selling fees and PayPal fees, not to mention shipping fees as well?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

pjsmartbiz
Consumer electronics is very competitive on ebay and amazon.
My calculation, correct me if i'm wrong; product cost+13%fees+shipping+(too small) profit = selling price which higher than other sellers' prices.
I probably have to do research on different categories.

Sincerely,

Site Admin
fudjj
Yeah, I don't think you would have a chance in that market selling higher than your competition. Buyers in that market are very price focused and you would be up against some big hitters as well. Very hard genre to dropship in, you would be going up against wholesale sellers, so extremely difficult to match them.

You have to watch out for hot selling items when dropshipping. Of course a lot of people are attracted to those genres because of the high sell through rate, but of course they attract bi wholesale buyers and sellers as well, so your competition is always at a premium in the hot selling categories.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

pjsmartbiz
Just watched salehoo video how to research. I have question about domain name. should I start a new topic?

Sincerely,

Site Admin
fudjj
That's OK, you can post here or even just PM me

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

pjsmartbiz
how to PM? lol

Sincerely,

Site Admin
fudjj
Blue link under the Staff Member avatar :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

william232
One thing i have found is its not about the item itself or pricing but titling is the main keywords i have friends who dropship aswell we are in the same company which i wont say what it is cuz i am not allowed to :)

however they did make 10 sales just over the weekend just gone. all in profit. all he did was title his items propertly and correctly and he sold them. i sold 2 items while i was at work today :)

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.