Unconfirmed PayPal addresses

trillium
I put in my eBay ads only confirmed addresses, but every once in a while someone will purchase using an unconfirmed address and pay right away. I have been going ahead and accepting but paying extra for the signature confirmation to stay protected with PayPal. Is there a way to block all unconfirmed people from bidding in the first place? If I refund their money then I am stuck with the listing fees and relisting again. Is there a better way to deal with unconfirmed people?

jimmy_huber
Free Member
If you have it setup in your preferences its supposed to force confirmed addresses. But im not sure if a normal auction can be set that way

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo

trillium
Thanks again Jimmy. I did not see that before. But I found it at the bottom of the preferences in Buyer Requirements. But it is not for unconfirmed addresses but for a PayPal account requirement. This should help though.

bayericlowe
Block them in preferences. Never accept payment from unconfirmed addresses, problem solved.

s373075
where do i set up that i only accept verified paypal accounts or confirmed paypal address? is it in ebay preferences? or paypal preferences? Sorry im still kinda new to this

trillium
I could only find where to block, not really block but to accept only bidders with a PayPal account. Could not find where to block unconfirmed addresses also.

grahamg
Free Member
you can always make it as unpaid item, and put the reason as unconfirmed address this way youll get your fees back

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how