what's the deal with Amazon

artpants
I dont know if this topic has been addressed before, but what's the deal with Amazon's very high commission fees? I mean people complain about ebay's fees, but they are nothing compared to Amazon's. I mean they are the number one retailer, so why do they charge so much? and is there any way to reduce these fees? I ask, because I would like to sell on Amazon more often, because the traffic is even better than ebay's, and I have attracted more customers on Amazon than eBay or anywhere else, but I hesitate because of the fees. The fees are so high, it cuts away all profit, and barely allows you to break even, which is unfortunate because Amazon is a great place to sell. Any suggestions?

lurknomore
How much is the commission fees?

jmcgregor
7-15% depending on the items thats for sale + a monthly cost + a listing cost of 1.99. On a stereo that sales for 200$ lets say the final sale commision is 10% thats means you are paying then 20$ once its sold Plus lets say you pay the 39.99 per month to get unlimited listings, now your atleast paying them 39.99 + 20 for that one transaction.

jmcgregor
P.S. The chances most people choose amazon over Ebay are very slim except for those who are worried about being ripped off on ebay and/or alrdy have been ripped off on ebay

planes
Actually, if you do any kind of volume its cheaper than eBay. eBay and Paypal will cost you about 15%.

Either way its about the same.

jmcgregor
Though with amazon you cannot choose to tax people unless you get theyre top membership. This screwed me over once alrdy, I lost all my profit due to a dropshipper who taxed Californians and my customer was in california.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.