Buy2Bee - review needed

chrispiper76
So I was considering using Buy2Bee in the near future, but there are some unusual things I noticed.

1. How is it possible for Buy2Bee to buy these designer name brand products directly from the manufacturers, and sell them at a fraction of retail? I find it hard to believe that I can buy a Tod's Women's Handbag with a retail price of $2,457 for $614.25.

2. I would think that only authorized resellers would have permission to order directly from the manufacturers, and the margins wouldn't be as fantastic as they seem to be on the Buy2Bee website.

3. Followed the paper trail, and here's what I came up:

*Buy2Bee is La Moda Italiana' Inc.
*Buy2Bee's/La Moda Italiana's physical address is 112 W 9th St Suite 809, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
*If you Google "la moda italiana 112 W 9th St, Los Angeles, CA 90015" a restaurant shows up to the same address with the same business name.
*La Moda Italiana' registered with the State of California on April 4th, 2010.
*The Buy2Bee(La Moda Italiana') Facebook page says their wholesale business started 30 years ago but they only registered in the State of California 7 years ago.
*La Moda Italiana' Inc. registered for a trademark for "Buy2Bee" which was registered in London on May 31, 2016.
*The trademark was registered by a company called Novamoda Limited in London.
*Novamoda Limited has an apartment listed in London as its office address.

There are a lot of unusual things I mentioned above. I used to work in the bulk wholesale cell phone business where 1 out of every 1 person(meaning everyone) was a scammer trying to rip you off. I'm not saying that Buy2Bee is a scam, just know you really have to research companies now a days to make sure you're not getting scammed. I honestly hope that they are a legitimate company because I would love to order their products at those prices, but like most things, it seems to good to be true. Hopefully they will comment on this topic.

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum,

Nothing wrong in doing your due diligence, however, SaleHoo does verify all the suppliers before approving them for entry into our directory to ensure members do have a safe trading environment. I've checked with support and we have no reports on file regarding this supplier, in regards to personal feedback from other members, I was only able to find one for you.

Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

chrispiper76
Thanks for the reply Mark. Reading about someone who used them only for a month until they got going on eBay doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in me. I found them via Google not through Salehoo. I mean honestly, there are only the possible ways that they do business:

1. They are completely legitimate and have amazing relationships built where in they get amazing deals I never would have even thought possible.

2. They are selling REALLY good knock offs.

3. They are a completely fake business with a great website but who are scamming customers who will likely never receive any product. Kind of like when a guy I dealt with a while back SWORE he had brand new iPads in bulk at wholesale. I had a buyer, they paid, and after weeks and weeks of excuses from him, they finally got their order...............only it was a box of cheap ceramic mugs instead of iPads.

Again, I really hope it's #1. On a side note, what is the verification process that Salehoo goes through when determining whether a supplier is legitimate or not? Thanks in advance.

fudjj
Site Admin
I'll pass your concerns through to the head to support, Richelle. She'll be able to go through the verification process with you.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

chrispiper76
Thanks Mark!

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hello Chris,

I must say you're really good at doing your homework :)

I checked the information you provided in your first post and most check out although I didn't see La Moda Italiana restaurant when I looked via Google street view. I have passed on your concerns directly to our directory administrator who will be able to help you with your concerns more accurately.

We take a number of steps to ensure that suppliers meet our rigorous standards before they are added to the database.

Again our directory admin will be in contact with you soon. Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

_lex_uy2_ee
Directory Approved Supplier
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the inquiries regarding Buy2Bee. To start, I would like to clarify how our company originated. La Moda Italiana is the American extension of our mother Italian company, that has been in business for many years. Buy2Bee is the website extension of La Moda Italian.

We are able to offer our products at such amazing prices because of the connections we have made in the industry for the past many years. We are able to purchase samples, overstock, cancelled orders, and special goods. We have legal documents for all the brands listed on our site. This all reflects back to our relationships we have made with these brands.

Regarding our site, we just recently launched many new features and take our website very seriously. We offer different dropshipping programs, including an App specifically designed to integrate into Shopify's platform. We are also unique in that we ship worldwide and don't focus on one region Link hidden: Login to view. We are always striving to give our customers the greatest advantages in a very competitive industry. If you are curious about what we offer, please visit our site, or contact us through email or our office phone.

Regarding our address, the address listed is correct. The restaurant you are referring to is located downstairs and connected to our lobby.

Pertaining to our Trademark, Buy2Bee was registered by another one of our companies owned by the same person in the UK for internal purposes.

If you ever find yourself in Los Angeles or Italy, we would be happy to give you a tour of our warehouse or a meeting via appointment as we try to be as open with our customers as possible. We understand this business isn't for everyone and hope the above mentioned information helps clarify your concerns.

Thank you,

Madelyn
Director of E-commerce
Buy2Bee

chrispiper76
Thanks for the reply Madelyn. If what you say is true then the contact with the high end manufacturers you have built are priceless. I will likely place an order with buy2bee in the near future and post an update on how my transaction went, so other buyers will know about your company as well. Again, thanks for the info.

_lex_uy2_ee
Directory Approved Supplier
Hi Chris,

I am glad to hear that! Please feel free to reach out via email at Link hidden: Login to view for any future questions.

Thank you,

Madelyn
Director of E-commerce
Buy2Bee

fudjj
Site Admin
Thanks for clarifying everything for Chris Madelyn, we really appreciate suppliers providing our members with that sort of in-depth and speedy support. I'm sure not only Chris will benefit from that, but hopefully many other members also interested in your products will as well.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

What's Hot on the Forum:

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how