CR Waste Factor

surplusseller
I've purchased a few truckloads of customer returns from a broker located here in Canada. His main source of supply is the Genco warehouse located in Rexdale, Ontario. When I buy these loads my shipper picks them up at the Genco warehouse so I can be sure my broker, who does keep a warehouse himself, does not cherry pick the load beforehand.

However, I'm still finding the waste factor to be quite high with these CR loads. I know that Genco MarketPlace sells on eBay via two accounts they have. Would I be out of line to suggest Genco may be cherry picking loads for their own selling purposes?

I was told the waste factor would run about 30-40% with the loads I've been buying but it appears to be higher than that. I would estimate 20% garbage, 60% a defect of some sort, of which half are repairable, half are not and about 20% good to go without any defect at all.

Does this sound like a standard customer return load or should I be seeing more defect free product from each load? At the current rate I'm finding it difficult to turn a decent profit. We do repair anything we can and are careful not to waste anything unnecessarily.

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Actually it sounds like a terrible customer return load. Loads like that almost put me out of business. A retailer does not fill a truck full of Crap. If your getting more then 15% damages on a load then your buying from a Cherry picker.

I buy loads direct from the retailers docks. I am a broker for several retailers now and I never see more then 15% in damages. But to be honest most of it is repairable or can still be sold.

The last Target truckload I purchased had over 90,000 in products on the load Most of it was brand new with about 7% damage ratio. Target Claimed less then 10% in damages for their loads.
I had bought target from other suppliers like amlinc and the damge ratio was as high as 45%-60%

I went from renting a 30 Cubic foot dumpster for tossing junk to renting a 4 cubic foot dumpster. 2 out of 4 weeks the dumpster is empty. The rest of the time Im just throwing card board boxes away or my personal garbage from the offices.

I would say find another supplier.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
Free Member
jimmy_huber
Just to add to this.
Link hidden: Login to view

This is far from untrue. The damage ratio is not on the rise. This is just an excuse for Genco. 80% of customer returns are from buyers remorse. 20% are slightly distressed to damaged. Most damages are caused by liquidators that throw products around and only stock distressed merchandise to pallet buyers.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
surplusseller
Actually it sounds like a terrible customer return load. Loads like that almost put me out of business. A retailer does not fill a truck full of Crap. If your getting more then 15% damages on a load then your buying from a Cherry picker.

I buy loads direct from the retailers docks. I am a broker for several retailers now and I never see more then 15% in damages. But to be honest most of it is repairable or can still be sold.

The last Target truckload I purchased had over 90,000 in products on the load Most of it was brand new with about 7% damage ratio. Target Claimed less then 10% in damages for their loads.
I had bought target from other suppliers like amlinc and the damge ratio was as high as 45%-60%

I went from renting a 30 Cubic foot dumpster for tossing junk to renting a 4 cubic foot dumpster. 2 out of 4 weeks the dumpster is empty. The rest of the time Im just throwing card board boxes away or my personal garbage from the offices.

I would say find another supplier.

Wow, less than 10% damage. I'd be doing backflips for a load like that. I made the decision to start hunting for new suppliers after my last load. We don't have the selection you do in the States but I do have some leads.

Thanks Jimmy.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.