My experience trying to visit JMC Wholesale

Free Member
bucfsan
I went to Miami today to visit some companies that I found interesting. My plans were to go to Miami tonight, and visit several places tomorrow. I do plan on making certain to do some sort of a write up on each company. I also plan on making a separate thread for each, for search purposes.

I called JMC wholesale on my way down from Orlando. Orlando is about 4 hrs away. The phone was answered by voice-mail, stating thank you for calling JMC online, please leave a message. I left the message that I was coming to Orlando, and would like to know if it was possible to stop by for a visit. I did not receive a phone call back.

JMC Wholesale seems to concentrate on cosmetics. Their was one product that I wanted to check out. This product cost about $20 through JMC wholesale, without a box. It retailed for approximately $80. Research showed that it was selling for about $35 on e-bay. I figured that After all associated costs, I could probably net $5. Not a large profit. The thinking was I would be able to make a small profit on a small purchase, and use this for experience.

Well I drove by the address. This was a private home. This was in a nice, but older neighborhood. While they have been in business for over 5 years, I figure that I can probably find a source that is closer to the supplier. If you have no problems dealing w/ a home based business, which many of us are, then I would have no problems with suggesting to give them a try.

They are not accredited withe the BBB. They have no complaints. The BBB gives them a grade of B.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi bucfsan,

Love your work : )

That's the kind of information that can be invaluable to members, and kudos for considering everyone else in what is your own research!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
duster70
We have been buying from JMC Wholesale for the past 3 years and can assure you that they are not a home based business. Not sure how you came up with a residential address - but their physical business address & phone no. is clearly stated on their web site at www.jmcwholesale.com.

You may want to do a little bit more research in the future, before making those lengthy business trips. I find that it's always best to schedule an appointment with any company as some are not open to the public.

I see that your message was posted April 2nd - their office was closed the week before Easter.

Free Member
bucfsan
Duster, I double checked the address I used and it is the same one on the website. BTW, it is not readily available; it is in the FAQ section. Their website is not where I originally found their address. If it is available somewhere else on their site, I did not see where.

Now I admit that I am confused. When I pull the address up on Google maps, it shows what looks like a storage complex for companies, these buildings look like concrete stucco block. When I put the address in my Garmin, I went to a residential address. Somewhere along the line, something went wrong with the address. I do apologize for the confusion.

I will stand by that I feel that this is a smaller company. I stated that they had been in business for at least 5 years. They claim to have been in business since 2003, ( not far off). A large percentage of companies do not last more than 3 years. This being said, I do, and did, believe that this is probably a reputable company.

Now part of the reason of why I thought this was a home based company, is the comments that I found about the company, the responses given, where these comments were found, and the lack of information readily available. I also looked at the type of products they sold, and the quantities you can buy them in. This is also based on other information I was able to find. ( I am not sending people to where I found the comments, because I did not believe the comments to be reputable, and were several years old).

I do appreciate your concern for my time. I actually have family in Miami, which was part of the reason for going down to Miami. I also had about a dozen companies that I wanted to find out more information about. The main thing I was interested in doing was research. I wanted to see which companies that I wanted to buy from, and learn a little more about them. I did receive a call back explaining that they were closed when I made the call. It was also requested that if I wanted to show up to their warehouse, that I let them know in advance, as they did not normally have people stop by.

Now for me personally, I have to be extra careful. I cannot afford the possibility of working with someone that I know I can trust. This is because I have limited experience in this area, which I have stated in other threads. So if a company decided not to allow me go in the ware house, without advance notice, I probably would not do business with them.

In short, my main points stand:

-They are a company that is probably smaller (although probably not a home based business)
- They have been in business over 5 years
- While not registered with the BBB- they have no complaints and rate a grade.
-If you look hard enough, and are willing to buy in high enough volume, you can probably find someone closer to the source.
- All signs point to them being a reputable company with products priced where you can still make a profit.

I hope that clears things up, because I did not want to offend, or for it to seem like I had negative things to say about JMC Wholesale.

I also want to thank you for responding. I stopped writing anything about the companies I visited, because they did not get much of a response. This showed me that not enough people were taking interest in them for me to put forth the effort of what I had found.
I do not have the personality to get insulted, or feelings hurt if you prove me wrong. On the contrary, I learn more from people that I disagree.

Chris

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Chris :)

Thanks for the clarification. Please don't stop what you are doing just because nobody replies - it doesn't mean nobody's reading it.

Like fudjj, I also like reading your researches, it gives an insight in a somewhat more personal way. And I'm sure a number of us have found these quite helpful.

To more researches and postings!

Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
dmdiscounts
I too read them. I just don't reply because I have no input. That does not mean I am not learning from your experience.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.