Mystic Valley Traders

payetti
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has worked with Mystic Valley Traders. I tried to set up a drop shipping account with them and the person I spoke with handled it very strangely. They wanted me to guarantee that I could do $10,000 in business in the first year with them. I thought a guarantee was a little ridiculous, but I needed a supplier so I said sure. They then said I had to send an advance payment of the $10,000. This is before I knew anything about their prices or how they run their drop shipping business at all. I didn't know any of this because they completely ignored the list of questions I sent them in the initial email.

I'm still very new with drop shippers so maybe this is typical, but it seemed odd to me. Is anyone else working with Mystic Valley Traders? Is this typical?

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Peter,

Completely unheard of for a dropship supplier, that's just crazy town!

I don't know the supplier, but they sound more like a wholesale supplier to me than a dropshipper. Large big volume wholesalers often require a credit-line to be established to open an account with them. That's exactly what this actually sounds like to me, but definitely not something I have ever heard of a dropshipper doing and I would personally recommend you stay well clear of them.

Where did you find the supplier?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
payetti
Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying. I thought it was a little weird. The person I spoke to said they drop ship and have been doing it for over 30 years, but maybe he has a different idea of what drop shipping is. I think I found them through a Google search.

Do you know if Salehoo members work with them? I'd be curious to know more about them. I can't imagine anyone would wire $10,000 to a company they know almost nothing about.

Site Admin
fudjj
I've checked with admin Peter and we have no record or feedback on them at all. There may well be members using them, but we certainly aren't aware of any.

What they may have meant regarding dropshipping could have been blind shipping. With blind shipping, the supplier will send an order direct to your customer, not to you as per usual. What they will do is still use branded packaging as per normal and usually also send the invoice as well, but they will blank out the cost on the invoice so as to not give away your wholesale price to your customer.

That's just a guess, but that is perhaps what they meant by their definition of dropshipping.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.