Tradekey is a sourcing directory for numerous suppliers and tendency is you will find a mix of both the good and honest ones and outright con-artists. So you really have to be VERY cautious. And do not expect to find great deals for any brand name products especially when the supplier is based in Asia.
Here are a few things you should do when you deal with suppliers found outside of SaleHoo:
1. Run a whois check on the supplier's website to verify when it was created (it is safest to deal with suppliers who have been online at least 2 years), who owns the domain, and where the domain was registered (the country should match the contact details on the supplier's website).
2. Search the SaleHoo forum for the supplier's website/company name and see what other members have to say.
3. Call the supplier's telephone numbers to ensure they are genuine.
4. Purchase a sample before bulk ordering to ensure that the item meets your expectations.
5. Watch out for sellers asking you to 'safeguard' your purchase by sending your money transfer in the name of a friend or loved one, or by establishing a 'test question'. These actions will not protect you from a fraudulent seller.
6. Low prices do not necessarily mean fraud, but radically low prices should warrant a closer look. If a price seems to good to be true, it probably is. Ask the seller as many questions about the item's authenticity as you can before you go any further.
7. Always use a credit card or Paypal to purchase goods. These forms of payment are safe because they give you a comeback if something goes wrong. With these payment methods, you can usually have the transaction reversed fairly easily if necessary.
Here are also a couple of threads that may provide you with vital information for your future ventures, please have a read:Link hidden: Login to viewLink hidden: Login to view
By the way, the site (Link hidden: Login to view
) you bought from was created just last May 2009, had you known this earlier you would have totally reconsidered buying from them.
Hope this helps. Cheers! :)