Suppliers Charging Fees to Sell their Products

webcom
I can't believe it....there are suppliers who actually MAKE YOU PAY MONEY upfront in order to sell their products....

and the one that carries a lot of possible saleable products wants a one-time FEE of $125.00 !!!

BALONEY !!!!! Wholesalers and manufacturers should NEVER charge potential sellers a fee for doing them a favor
and offering to sell their products....AND YOU ALLOW THIS ON HERE, SALEHOO?

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Paul,

As you've noticed. Not all, but many suppliers do charge an upfront account fee and some also charge monthly fees as well, it just depends on the supplier. You will find that it is becomming for more mainstream for business's to do this now as well.

In regards to us allowing it, we have no say in a way any independent business structures itself, that's entirely up to the business itself. What we do is verify a business is safe to trade with for our members, it's up to our members to choose who they want to do that trading with. If for whatever reason you're not happy with a supplier, be it their account fees or whatever, then we would always recommend choosing another supplier.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
buysforu
I don't disagree with what you say Marc. However, you have the same ability. Perhaps you should inform businesses who wish to post on Salehoo they cannot charge a fee to Salehoo members. You can make this a benefit feature to members.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Frank,

It's definitely already an issue and is only going to become more so as more suppliers move into that space in the future, so it is something that we are well aware off and we looking at options currently. In fact this exact topic was raised by me as a topic for discussion at the last monthly admin meeting just past, so it's on the table and options are currently being discussed as how to best combat it.

That said, I don't think we could ever get to a position where we banned suppliers for doing it. Apart from having actual proof, and that can be hard to get as many will sell through different branded accounts. That aside, my biggest issue is that we have many member who do use supoplier with account establishment and other related fees because they see value in other areas,

For example, some suppliers who have account fees offer better product prices. So in that instance, the cost is more upfront, but the potential is there to make more on the products, especially if the sales volume is high.

So I we ban supplier with account fees, then we're remving quite legitimate trading options for members and the way things are going, with many now adding account fees, we could very well end up with an extremely limited directory, which then benefits no one. So I know it's a pain and no one reallt likes it, but as traders, we're kind of stuck with it.

As always, we do our best to provide members with as much of a variety as possibly, given the fact that suppliers do have to pass our set criteria to gain entry to begin with, but that gives members the choice to deal with someone one that best suits their own requirements. If anyone doesn't want tp pay an account fee, then we always try to have free options also available, but the one thing I would say is to not automtaically write off a supplier due to the fact that they do have an account fee of some type.

Take a complete look at the overall value and then make the decision if they are providing value for you or not.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Last edited by fudjj on 30 Aug 16 11:53:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added content

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.