Do buyers purchase iPod copies or iPod similar units?

hi5
Just curious if people buy iPod copies and/or iPod similar units. Post your thoughts.

dowdy
I don't mind copies, they're better than the original in features but not in quality. The thing is, though, they're harder to sell. Remember, that iPods are also a fashion accessory, so everyone always likes to have the original stuff when they brag to their friends.

I found that you get more profit with the original since eBayers like originals but from what I've seen copies sell well at certain markets. I'm setting up a market stall next month so I'll see how that goes.

direct-consumer
Hey Dowdy, let me know how that goes I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I purchased several of the fake iPods for $50 off of DHgate. I heard of some guys selling these at the markets for over $180. I wonder if there's competition with these at the markets? Also, you probably have to rent out some space. Anyways let me know how it goes. Good luck!

dowdy
Renting out space is cheap. $4 per foot of table.

direct-consumer
Hey that's cheaper than I thought. All I need is enough space for a card table and chair :wink: I'll probably order ten of these mp4 players and see what I can sell them for. I'm only paying $52.00 a piece for them and they look identical to the iPod Nano's, maybe even better once you've got videos playing on them.

Do you need a reseller's license or anything when selling at a flea market?

Let me know how things go and good luck.

dshinckley
You shouldn't need a license and keep in mind the shipping on those $52 iPod fakes are like $27!

Free Member
bigboyz
yeah dowdy, keep us informed how it goes. i've been looking at them as i am a new member and want something fairly cheap.

dowdy
i put in my form today to book a stall. although i'm not sure if i'll get it since waiting list is long :(

direct-consumer
You shouldn't need a liscense and keep in mind the shipping on those $52 ipod fakes are like $27!!

I usually order 10 at a time and shipping for all of them is only about $40.00. Not so bad when you look at it like that. $4.00 for each for shipping from china!

However I just found a supplier that can get me brand new 1gb Ipod nano's for $105.00 so I might start selling these instead. :wink:

whoknewit
When you sell the Mp4 players at a market, how much do you mark them up? What are most people willing to pay?

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.