If you don't mind me asking, what is the content of your message when you email suppliers?
Suppliers generally respond to email inquiries in 1- 5 business days. There are suppliers who receive high volume of emails per day and if your email consists of a general inquiry (especially if the answers can be found in the suppliers' FAQ or resellers' section), it's very likely that it might be ignored.
Here are some tips for you:
* Give a brief introduction about your company/ business. Let them know how long you've been in the online selling business, your niche, and your monthly average sales. This will give the suppliers a better overview of what you can do to their business. If you are a start up reseller, let them know as well!
* Go over the suppliers' websites and all pertinent sections such as the FAQ, Shipping Policies, Terms & Conditions, Wholesale and Dropshipping Info, Reseller's Application, Dealer Program, Returns & Exchanges, Product Downloads, etc., the answers to your questions might be there!
* Wholesale prices are tailored to your order requirements. State the products and the quantity you are looking for so they can give you a wholesale price quote. Most suppliers do NOT list their wholesale prices on their website and it's only available to registered or approved resellers.
* Provide them your full contact details and the best time to reach you.
* If the supplier you'd like to work with requires a reseller's license or business registration, volunteer this information or give them a copy of it with your initial email.
* Give them the URL of your website, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook, etc. whichever one you have. Suppliers want to see and verify that you are indeed a reseller and not just purchasing items at wholesale prices for personal means.
* When calling suppliers, make sure you do so within their office hours. Leave them a message if no one was available to take your call.
* If a supplier has a section on their website for reseller registration or to submit an application, do this first especially if there are no membership fees involved. Setting up an account with suppliers take an average of 15- 30 minutes. If your account gets approved, someone will get back to you in 2- 3 business days.
* Sending a follow- up email doesn't hurt either. If a supplier doesn't get back to you in a week, send them another email.
* And lastly, always check your junk mail!
Hope these tips help! :)