The SaleHoo blog is a one stop resource for entrepreneurs of all levels who want actionable, helpful, in-depth tips and advice in every area of online business.
We are focused on producing content that provides immediate and long term benefits for our readers no matter where they are on their eCommerce journey.
If you believe you can provide quality, in-depth and actionable content for our readers we want to hear from you! Guest posts are a great way to educate our audience on a broad range of topics and some posts that we’ve accepted so far have also helped us learn a great deal (we are selfish that way!)
Please noteOur standards are high and although we would love to publish every guest post that comes our way, it isn’t possible. Please take your time to craft a piece that is in alignment with our guidelines.
But first, why guest post on the SaleHoo blog?
Contributing to the SaleHoo blog is a great chance to share your expertise and build a relationship with a bunch of passionate eCommerce entrepreneurs. Apart from this you will also gain exposure, authority and enhance your reputation as an expert in your field.
Some other perks include the fact the SaleHoo website is well established with over 100,000 members. We allow one backlink to your site, blog or business included in the author section of the post. Additionally, all of our posts get shared across our various social media channels.
- To provide our readers with actionable tips and general (but well researched) strategies that will help them better their eCommerce business.
- Provide clear advice that can be put into action immediately.
- To include a unique perspective on topics that are oversaturated yet evolving.
- SaleHoo’s audience is full of individuals ready to explore the world of eCommerce business and consists of eager learners, dropshipping enthusiasts, international sellers as well as savvy sellers.
- An ideal guest post should be able to associate with the pain-points of either of the above mentioned persona/reader types and offer value for their time.
Our voice and tone
Friendly, conversational, practical and relatively informal with a positive “can do” attitude. When appropriate use humor and write in a helpful way by not talking “at” people but “with” them.
- In-depth and concise post that follows a long-form content style. Our guest posts are 1,800- 3,500 words or more, provided they add value to the narration and are replete with examples, statistics, data points and images.
- Well written and original content. With so much smartness around, we can do better than plagiarism!
- We value posts that are not self-promotional in any manner. Please don’t place promotional links in the article. You can however give a link in your author bio.
- Properly cite resources- This includes quotes, data, images or third party content.
- The post should be well-formatted and checked for spelling errors and grammar. We have a special liking for stuff that has a clear title, subheads and bold and noteworthy points. Please use a grammar checker before submission.
- Clarity is important. Ask yourself, can the reader easily follow the piece and take action? It’s helpful to include step by steps where relevant as well as scenarios and examples. Avoid keyword stuffing and write for humans first.
- Use high quality images- Avoid overly stocky looking ones and if you can use graphs and infographics as well as embedded videos.
- Structure the article well- Include a captivating introduction, high quality headline and use a call to action (CTA) at the end of the article.
Please keep in mind
- We don’t want to see posts from SEO and marketing companies who are simply building links for their clients. We are all about genuine and helpful content.
- We reserve the right to edit and modify any guest post as we see fit; this also includes editing/removing links.
- No plagiarism (even self-plagiarism) - Please don’t republish your post on any other platform once it is published on SaleHoo. (We conduct regular plagiarism checks).
A few of our popular guest posts are listed below for a quick glance
- The Ultimate Dropshipper List of 60 Suppliers [Fully Categorized]
- Sick of eBay? Try these alternative places to sell…
- 9 eCommerce Metrics That Will Help You Run a More Profitable Online Store
Topics we are interested in at the moment
Take a look at the list below of topics we are keen to include on the blog. (Be sure to check back in the future as this list changes).
- The legal side of online business - As well as accounting and finance tips. (Our readers are mainly from the USA, Canada, UK and Australia).
- Deep dive into influencer marketing.
- Website hosting for eCommerce - A beginners guide.
- Personal development and inspiration tips/advice relevant to business.
- A new, fresh and unique perspective on anything eCommerce related.
If your content checks all the guidelines above, please feel free to share it via a Google doc with email@example.com. Please also enclose a short bio with a link to your website and LinkedIn account along with your favorite headshot.
Posts that aren’t a good fit for our audience or meet our editorial guidelines will not be approved. If you don’t hear back from us in 7 days, please feel free to publish your post elsewhere.