Today's video blog post is the final in our ten part series, so we are going out with a bang by revealing a proven selling strategy that delivers solid results.
Check out the video for the scoop and if you would like to see more video blogs in the future, let us know by leaving a comment below
Want the written transcript of this video? Check it out below:
I'm Alice. Welcome to our 10th and final video on online selling tactics that you can use to help boost your online sales.
Today’s video is all about offering free gifts to buyers.
Offering free gifts is a really great way to absolutely exceed your buyer’s expectations and ensure that they continue to purchase from you in the future which is crucial for the long term profitability of your business.
There are a couple of ways that you can use the free gift method in your selling strategy:
1. Offer a free gift in the listing – advertise the fact that if you buy the item, you get a free gift as well
2. Including a free item in the buyer’s package so that when they receive their item, they get a really nice surprise.
3. Offering a free gift when you buyer makes a number of purchases. For example, you send them a little extra when they have bought 4 or 5 items from you.
Free gifts don’t have to be overly expensive; I’ve seen people give buyers hand-written recipes when they sold Crock Pots and other kitchen items.
Another idea is if you sell clothing, you could order 50 or 100 scarves for female buyers and perhaps some cheap cufflinks for male buyers. I know you can get both of these very cheaply from SaleHoo suppliers so take a look around the directory.
Offering free gifts to buyers is pretty simple but there are two important tips that I want to share with you to ensure you always get the most recognition from offering a free gift:
1. Make it really clear when you are offering something for free. You can do this by using a subtitle feature, if you are selling on eBay, or just writing “free scarf” or whatever it is you are giving away in your item title. This way, when buyers are searching for items and deciding which item to click on, they will be much more inclined to click through to yours.
Here’s an example of some eBay listings and as you can see at the top, there is a listing which advertises a free bag with purchase (see video for example).
2. Always include a hand written note with the free gift. I think this gives you a lot of mileage from the free gift because you can say something like “I really appreciate your business and so I’ve included this little gift for you as a token of my appreciation. I give away free items often, so make sure you check out my listings again ”
So I suggest that you try giving this tactic a go and if you have used this tactic before, leave me a comment and let me know your experience.
As I mentioned, this is the last of my series of mini tactics videos, but if you want more in-depth, proven strategies for how to build a strong and profitable business, I highly recommend you check out my video training course, Online Selling Tactics.
Online Selling Tactics is for you if you have or are having trouble knowing what to sell and how to sell it, or:
I spent over 1 year researching and analyzing what makes successful online businesses differ from those that fail and condensed my surprising findings into 7 lessons, all with step by step instructions on how you can copy these business strategies and boost your own online business.
Whether you have a new business, or an existing one that you want to take to the next level, Online Selling Tactics will get you there and we guarantee results.
So click the link below and check out Online Selling Tactics today. Thanks for watching!"
Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.
Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add email@example.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.
If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.