Save Time & Money Finding Genuine Wholesale Hair Extension Supplier
Straight - 7 Piece Clip In Set
Wavy - 7 Piece Clip In Set
Curly - 7 Piece Clip In Set
How to buy wholesale hair extension supplies for your customers
The largest importers of hair extention and wigs today are the U.S.A., Japan, U.K., France and Republic of Korea. And the total value of these import come up to about 1.2 billion US dollars annually, and is showing no sign of slowing down.
And guess what, this makes an excellent business opportunity! And one many has taken advantage of over the years. So if you're looking to buy wholesale hair extension supplies to resell for profit, here are some tips for you:
- Don't waste time sourcing from factory — It's costly to run a hair factory and many don't sell hair extention directly online since they do not want to compete with their dstributors. If you aren't a big hair retailer we suggest you look for a reliable distributor instead since they have more resources to serve you than a factory would. Where do you find one you may ask? Read below to learn more.
- Buy quality hair extensions — Hair extensions are often made from real hair, but can also be made from synthetic fibers. Although authentic extensions are pricey but they are almost a default choice for customers. So the key is to look for wholesale natural hair extension at a competitive price.
- Consider target market and type of extension for your customers — Apart from quality, these hair extension characteristics play a role in buyer's decision and you should consider them in your selling strategy:
- cost compared to local market
- availability to purchase online
- long term vs short term extension
- DIY vs Salon extensions
Where to buy wholesale hair extension supplies
Once you have considered your target market and selling strategies, here are a few ways you can source wholesale hair extensions
Supplier directories, as the name suggests, are companies who have done the research for you so you don't have to. In SaleHoo, we have over 60 verified wholesale suppliers for hair extensions, it's not free but if you're interested in saving time & effort looking for hair extension distributors, you can learn more here.
Search on Google
You will be able to find a lot of entries on Google, just type "Wholesale distributor or wholesalers" in the search query and you will have plenty of results.
This method is a good place to start and it's free, although, you have to verfiy yourself the authenticity of these companies to prevent fraud.
Research on Aliexpress & Alibaba
It's common for businesses to source hair extensions from china via Aliexpress & Alibaba, there are thousands of suppliers with price listed so it's fairly easy to do research.
There are plenty of options on both platform, just be mindful that the suppliers listed are not vetted so you need to do the due diligence to verify their authenticity.
Finding trusted suppliers
Finding trusted suppliers that won’t scam you can be tricky, but we’ve dealt with so many that we’ve summarized it for you:
Contact the supplier and verify their address
Legit wholesale suppliers will list their contact information and address on their site, so make sure they are real contacts who you can talk to.
Check your supplier’s reputation and track record
Find out how many years they have been in operation. If possible, speak with some of their existing clients to find out if they are reliable.
Purchase and inspect their products
Never use a supplier without receiving a sample product first. Check the packaging, product quality, and care of handling. Drive out to the manufacturing site if possible.
Test their customer support
Your supplier is your partner; Ask them questions early and often to see how quickly they respond. If they aren’t fast or don’t give high-quality answers, you may need to find someone else.
Since 2005 SaleHoo has helped over 137,000 customers successfully start online businesses on eBay, Amazon and their own online stores.
SaleHoo has over 60 wholesale suppliers for hair extension
Step 1: Find hair extension supplier that sell
We research various marketplaces to provide you insider information about product's sell rate — how likely is the product going to sell, so you don’t have to second guess.
Step 2: Contact a supplier
Contact one of our 60 vetted wholesale hair extension supplier and choose the best one for your needs. You can get started with them right away!
Step 3: Add products to your store
Once you have a great product and a great supplier, it's time to cash in. Upload your product listings and take your chunk of that $100 billion market share!