why can't we just sell all the goods on trademe under one name and then split the profits instead of competing. Then we can gain a monopoly of the market.
That's an idea worth considering.
* Massive decrease in shipping costs - goods won't need to be shipped all around New Zealand once they arrive, they can just stay in one place and get sent direct to the customer.
* If we pool our money we can buy more expensive stuff than we could by ourselves. Like a helicopter! Ok maybe not a helicopter, but you get my point.
* We wouldn't have to worry about dividing up the space in the container equally and all that logistical stuff.
* Trust... Someone has to be in charge of the trademe account and the shipping etc. That person will have to be very honest, because they will be handing out the profits.
* If we start seriously importing in a big way won't we be hit by tariffs? That probably wouldn't happen if we all did our own seperate things.
* We'd all have to agree on what to buy.