Do dropshippers refund initial deposits?

retailer73
Do not deal with drop-shippers that ask for an up front deposit.

I gave GoToBaby a $50 deposit when I opened their account.

Since I no longer use them & received no business. I think it only right that my deposit is refunded.

I have written 3 times & received no replies.

neil chaikin
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello retailer73,

It might not always follow. You must check with the dropshipper as to their policies concerning their deposit if it is consumable or refundable.

I tried looking for information on their site but I failed to find any that may say so.

I have sent the supplier a message on your behalf, should I receive their reply I will let you know right away!

Cheers :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again retailer73,

I have received the reply from GoToBaby.com regarding the $50 dropshipping deposit you posted when you joined the dropshipping program. Kindly refer to the reply below -

Hi, no we do not refund it becauseit is used as a debit into their accounts
they will use when they purchase from the program.

Thanks.

Karey
E-mail: customerservice@gotobaby.com

So the way I see it, the only way for you to redeem your $50 is to purchase something worth $50 from their site.

Hope this helps.

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
retailer73
This still doesn't seem right, since many of their prices were not in line for drop shipping.

I guess I will take the loss, since I do not find items to order at this point.

neil chaikin
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Sorry you can't get back your $50. It is always ideal to check on a supplier's refund policy before shelling out any money.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Take care :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.